5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 10 October 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
13. Breaking: Marlin Equity Partners has acquired AppRiver, the major Microsoft Office 365 cloud security services partner that supports thousands of MSPs worldwide.
11. Compliance Management: IBM is developing object storage vaults for on-premises data management. The offerings, expected to debut in December, will help customers to address their on-premises compliance requirements, IBM claims.
10. Windows 10 Mobile Dies: Ironically, Microsoft was the last to know…
9. SD-WANs: FatPipe Networks has launched a multi-function VNF (Virtualized Network Function) for its family of SD-WAN solutions.
8. Partner Program: At an AT&T partner summit in Dallas today, the company is touting:
- AT&T FlexWare, a platform that simplifies delivering and deploying software-based network functions, the company says.
- AT&T Collaborate, a cloud-based voice and collaboration solution that’s transport agnostic, the company adds.
7. Dell IoT Day: What is the Dell EMC strategy for IoT? Michael Dell will share details today at 11:00 a.m. ET here.
6. M&A – Analytics: Splunk Inc. has acquired selected assets from Rocana Inc., a privately held technology company offering analytics solutions for the IT market. A number of technical employees from Rocana will join Splunk as part of the transaction.
5. M&A – CRM Specialist: Reapit Ltd, a CRM and Client Accounting software provider for the UK residential real estate sector, has been acquired. The buyers include Reapit’s management and Accel-KKR. Reapit’s customer base includes more than 200 estate agencies and over 20,000 users.
4. M&A – Data Centers Part One: Equinix has acquired the Zenium data center business in Istanbul from the existing shareholders in an all-cash transaction for US$93 million. The data center currently generates approximately US$2.5 million of annualized revenues, the companies said.
3. M&A – Data Centers Part Two: Iron Mountain Inc. is acquiring two Credit Suisse data centers in London and Singapore for $100 million. Under terms of the deal, Credit Suisse will ink a long-term lease with Iron Mountain to maintain their existing data center operations.
1. Build A $3 Million+ MSP: Register now for our Nov. 2 webcast so you can learn how to scale your managed services practice to a $3 million to $5 million business in just three years.