5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 10 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
10. Silent Treatment: Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has remained silent amid President Trump’s ongoing attacks against the ecommerce giant.<
9. Pivotal IPO: Pivotal Software, a division of Dell Technologies Inc, said on Monday it expects its initial public offering of 37 million Class A shares to raise up to $592 million, according to Reuters. Meanwhile, partners are waiting on Dell to decide whether it will pursue a reverse merger with VMware. That decision is expected on or before Dell Technologies World.
8. IT Spending Accelerates: Worldwide IT spending will reach $3.7 trillion in 2018, up 6.2 percent from 2017, according to Gartner. The biggest growth category involves enterprise (up 11.1 percent, Gartner projects), followed by IT Services (7.4 percent), devices (6.6 percent), communication services (4.3 percent) and data center systems (3.7 percent), Gartner says.
7. SAP Software Licensing Model: SAP is revising how it prices its core business planning software after a legal crackdown against high-profile customers backfired among its wider customer base, who feared they might be hit by hidden, indirect charges, Reuters says. SAP put a much more positive spin on the pricing model updates…
6. Partner Program: Impinj, a provider of RAIN RFID solutions, has launched a partner program for companies that provide expertise and services to design, plan, and deploy Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.
4 . SMB Pay Gap: Small and midsize businesses (SMBs) have a gender pay gap that exceeds the national average, according to the SMB Fair Pay Report, which involves new research sponsored by Zenefits. Female SMB employees make $0.66 for every dollar paid to men. This is 18 percent less than the broader nationwide gap of women earning $0.80 for every dollar men earn (Source: U.S. Department of Labor).
3. M&A – IT Consulting: KPMG has acquired Adoxio, which focuses on Microsoft Dynamics 365 consulting and deployment services.
2. Mac Management: Fleetsmith has launched a flagship offering to help businesses manage macOS devices and soon, iOS and tvOS devices. The solution leverages Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP). Fleetsmith Catalog boasts automatic macOS account creation powered by G Suite. Additional capabilities include remote lock and wipe controls as well as automatic WiFi and printer configuration, the company says.
1. Private Equity – MSP Backup: Insight Venture Partners, the private equity firm, continues to see synergies across its MSP-oriented software company portfolio. For a timely example, check out Insight Venture Partners portfolio companies Kaseya, Spanning Cloud and Unitrends. Indeed, Kaseya today unveiled an OEM partnership with Spanning Cloud Apps, allowing MSPs to deliver Office 365 backup and restore services. Not by coincidence, both Kaseya and Spanning Cloud have close working relationships with Unitrends MSP, an appliance-based backup and disaster recovery service…