5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 06 March 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
18. NetApp Layoffs: Despite revealing reasonably strong revenue growth in February, flash storage provider NetApp apparently is cutting about 70 employees at the company’s headquarters.
17. Dell-VMware Reverse Merger Concerns: If Dell combines with VMware in a reverse merger, VMware shareholders would get the short end of the stick, as they “would go from owning a pure play cloud, virtualization story growing double digits with $3 billion+ of annual FCF to owning a complex enterprise/consumer albatross with a myriad of products and businesses in mature, cash cow areas while taking on $40 billion+ of debt on the balance sheet,” according to GBH Insights published on Barron’s. Dell is expected to reach a decision on whether to pursue a reverse merger scenario in the next few weeks.
16. Talent – Data Centers: DataGryd has named Thomas Brown as president and CEO. Under his leadership, DataGryd plans to lease an additional 60,000 square feet of usable data center space over the course of the next 18 to 24 months.
15. Talent – Storage: Shares of storage technology vendor Tintri rose about 15 percent after the company beat fiscal Q4 expectations, but missed with its revenue forecast, and said its chairman and CEO, Ken Klein, will step down once a successor is found, according to Barron’s.
14. Talent & Funding: Imanis Data, which develops a machine learning-based data management platform has raised $13.5 million in capital and named John Mracek as its new CEO. Mracek previously was CEO of NetSeer, a machine learning-based advertising technology company. He has also held leadership roles at AdKnowledge, eBay, Yahoo!, Adobe and Apple, as well as other startups.
13. SD-WANs: Netsurion, a provider of managed network connectivity, security, and compliance solutions, has launched Netsurion Connect, a software-defined wide-area network (SD-WAN) solution that combines network connectivity, resilience, security, and management for distributed enterprises and IoT environments.
12. M&A: Convergint Technologies, an electronic and physical security systems integration business, has acquired Utah-based Alphacorp — a full-service provider of security and fire and life safety systems.
11. Partner Program: Qualtrics has launched the Qualtrics Partner Network to promote the Qualtrics Experience Management (XM) Platform.
Continue to page two for items 10 to 1.