5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 05 September 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
10. Business Platform as a Service: BT has announced its new cloud-based “business-platform-as-a-service” offering, which is aimed at speeding up the time it takes businesses to go to market with digitized services, ZDnet reported.
9. More Oracle Layoffs: Sounds like the rumors were true…
8. HP Enterprise Earnings: HP Enterprise is expected to announce quarterly results today. The company has been under pressure as public clouds like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure eat away at traditional data center sales. However, HPE is betting that software-defined (SDx) and hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) will drive growth. Also, the company just completed the spin-off of several software product lines to Micro Focus.
7. Dell EMC Settlement: Dell EMC has agreed to pay $110,000 in a transgender discrimination settlement — including $50,000 to the alleged victim and $25,000 each to two nonprofit organizations, according to Boston Business Journal. Dell EMC admitted no wrongdoing in the case, which involved a former EMC intern.
6. Talent: Former Avnet VP Gavin miller has joined CEO of Instant Data Centers, which owns seven patents for customizable micro data centers for edge computing.
4. M&A, Part Two: j2 Global continues to acquire SaaS and cloud services companies worldwide. The latest examples include MyPhoneFax (cloud fax services in the United States); CloudRecover (backup in Australia, WeCloud (email services in Sweden) and Simitu (email services in Denmark.
3. M&A, Part Three: Ntiva Inc., a managed IT and cloud services provider, has acquired IN Communications Inc., a full-service telecom provider that specializes in business communications and collaboration solutions. We’ll share more details soon. Special thanks to VAR Staffing for the heads up about the deal.
1. Hurricanes Irma and Harvey: Houston’s small businesses continue to dig out from Hurricane Harvey. Many of those SMB owners are seeking loans and funding to assist the rebuilding process. Meanwhile Florida and Puerto Rico are preparing for Hurricane Irma. We’ll continue to track the Harvey recovery process and Irma storm preparations throughout this week.