5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 05 February 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
15. Talent – VMware: Oracle veteran Bill Swales has joined VMware as VP of the Americas partner organization.
14. Talent – Commvault CEO: The backup company’s new leader is…
13. BDR Appliances: Arcserve has unveiled its third-generation appliances for data protection and disaster recovery.
12. Happy Anniversary: To The ASCII Group, which is celebrating its 35th anniversary. The membership-based community supports North American MSPs, VARs and solution providers.
11. Activist Investor vs. Dell: Activist investor Elliott Management apparently is buying Dell Technologies stock, and may pressure the technology company distribute its stake in VMware, Bloomberg asserts.
10. Google Cloud Revenues: What are they exactly? Actually, parent Alphabet didn’t reveal Google Cloud Platform revenues during the company’s Q4 2018 earnings call yesterday. The Wall Street Journal’s takeaway: Google “badly” trails Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure in the public cloud services market.
8. Accenture-Microsoft (I’m Confused): Accenture and Microsoft, in conjunction with their joint venture Avanade, have launched the Accenture Microsoft Business Group. The group spans about 45,000 employees. But we concede: We’re a little confused. We’re checking to see where the group is housed, and how it differs from the existing Avanade business.
7. Managed Services – Microsoft Azure: Unisys CloudForte for Microsoft Azure, a managed service for Microsoft’s public cloud, is now available.
5. Managed Services – Branch Offices: Netsurion has announced BranchSDO, a network management and security orchestration solution for multi-location businesses. Netsurion, as you may recall, also develops the EventTracker unified threat management platform. We’ll explain the company’s overall business strategy and the implications for partners soon.
4. M&A – Apple Device Management: Jamf has acquired Zuludesk, a provider of Apple-focused IT solutions in the education market. Jamf now serves 14,000 schools and manages over 9 million Apple devices.
3. Private Equity – ServiceMax: Silver Lake has completed its buyout of ServiceMax from GE.
2. Private Equity & MSP Software Buyouts: So what’s next? The clues and my thesis are here.
1. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.