Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 3, 2017.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
New Veeam CMO Kate Hutchison
10. Talent:Veeam Software has hired Kate Hutchison as chief marketing officer (CMO), reporting to Co-CEO and President, Peter McKay. Hutchison previously held key posts at Riverbed, Polycom, VMware, Citrix and BEA.
9. Partnership:Commvault has just joined the Cisco Solutions Plus Program, which allows Cisco and its partners to resell Commvault’s data protection platforms. Cisco has a similar relationship with Veeam, ChannelE2E believes.
8. Fresh Funding:AtScale, which develops a business intelligence and big data platform, has raised $25 million in Series C Funding, the company confirmed today. Atlantic Bridge led the round.
7. Endpoint Security:VIPRE Security has launched VIPRE Endpoint Security — Cloud Edition, an endpoint security cloud solution for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Watch for additional VIPRE Cloud Edition offerings in the months ahead, the company hinted…
Lenovo North America Channel Chief Sammy Kinlaw
6. Lenovo’s Partner Revenue Push:Lenovo has officially introduced the Lenovo PCG Partner Engage Program to the company’s channel partners. The tiered incentive program is like a loyalty program — “the higher you strive, the more potent the benefits,” according to North America Channel Chief Sammy Kinlaw. The program is based solely on annual revenue thresholds. No special certifications are required in order to achieve any of our program designation levels, Kinlaw says. We’ll share more details later today.
5. Partner Program:Bright Computing, a provider cluster and cloud infrastructure automation software, has rolled out a tiered partner program for VARs in North and South America. The tiered program, launched across EMEA and APAC in January 2017, is designed to recognize and reward loyalty amongst the Bright partner community.
Continuum CEO Michael George
4. Continuum Navigate Conference: We’re blogging from the Continuum Navigate 2017 conference today, where the company is expected to unveil a SOC for MSPs. Stay tuned for potential details from CEO Michael George and other company leaders.
2. M&A – Valuations:GTT Communications, a global cloud networking provider, has acquired managed data and voice services specialist Transbeam for $28 million in cash. The deal has a post M&A synergy valuation of 5 times EBITDA.