5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 02 October 2018
by Joe Panettieri • Oct 2, 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Data Protection: HP Enterprise has unveiled its next-generation StoreOnce backup appliance portfolio — featuring flash speed data protection in the data center and cost-efficient archive and disaster recovery in the cloud, the company says. The lineup also includes HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC) 6.0; StoreOnce with Commvault software integration; and GreenLake Backup for consumption-based IT models, the company says.
10. Talent: Vonage, the business cloud communications specialist, has hired Rishi Dave as chief marketing officer, reporting to CEO Alan Masarek. He previously was CMO at Dun & Bradstreet. Earlier, he held key posts at Dell Technologies, Rivio Inc. and Trilogy Software.
9. PCs: HP Inc. has unveiled the HP Spectre Folio, a new device designed to deliver “premium PC innovation.” The device emerges just as Microsoft prepares to kick off a Surface event…
7. Microsoft IoT Operating System: Microsoft is promoting a Robot Operating System (ROS) for IoT networks…
6. M&A – IoT Cloud Platform: Mondicon has acquired Simfony, a PaaS (platform as a service) provider focused on the Internet of Things (IoT). Simfony will retain its name, while enabling mobile operators and other communication providers to embrace connectivity management and IoT. Simfony has a development team in Bucharest. All commercial and service activities are managed from a Dutch headquarters near Schiphol Amsterdam. Simfony also has an office in Santa Monica, California, and in November plans to open a an office in Southern Europe.
5. M&A – Cloud Networking: GTT Communications, a cloud networking provider to multinational clients, has acquired Access Point, a provider of communication services headquartered in Cary, North Carolina.
4. M&A Guidance: DATUM is promoting Information Value Management, a data governance platform that helps M&A integration teams to pull together data from companies involved in mergers and acquisitions…
3. M&A – Cisco Completes Duo Buyout: The $2.3 billion acquisition is now a done deal.
2. Splunk Conference: CEO Doug Merritt keynotes Splunk .conf18 this morning in Orlando. Track live coverage here.
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.