5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 31 May 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 31, 2018.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on.
13. Earnings: Tech Data’s fiscal Q1 2019 net sales were $8.5 billion, up 22 percent compared to the prior-year quarter, the distributor said this morning. Revenue and earnings both beat Wall Street’s expectations.
12. Expansion – Cloud Monitoring: Datadog, the fast-growing cloud monitoring platform provider, has opened an office in Japan.
11. Cloud Milestone: SAP Business One, the cloud-based ERP platform for small and midsize businesses, now supports 60,000 customers and more than one million end-users, the company says.
10. Office 365 Data Protection: Veritas Technologies has launched a Veritas Data Protection and Governance for Microsoft Office 365 solution. The platform allows partners and customers to analyze, discover, and recover Office 365 data wherever and whenever necessary, the company says. The move comes roughly one week after a similar launch from rival Commvault. Both companies have undergone some job cuts while reorganizing this year to better address cloud opportunities. In some ways, both Commvault and Veritas are a bit late to the Office 365 sector. Most major MSP software providers have offered Office 365 data protection capabilities for the past several years. Key examples include Datto Backupify, SolarWinds MSP MailAssure and Spanning (among others).
6. Partnership: NYI, a provider of hybrid infrastructure solutions and managed services, has partnered with IT Creations, an enterprise hardware distributor with over $20 million in inventory. The partnership will speed hardware maintenance while layering in more managed technology services, the duo says.
5. Talent: Executives on the move include…
- Avaya has hired Dino Di Palma as president, strategic partners & global Accounts. Di Palma will lead the strategy and execution of Avaya’s go-to-market with system integrators (SIs), strategic partners and technology solution providers worldwide, the company says. Di Palma previously held key posts at Broadsoft, Benu Networks and Acme Packet (acquired by Oracle).
- Rackspace has hired Mark Bunting as chief marketing officer (CMO). Bunting has held key executive posts at Apollo Education and McAfee, while also mentoring entrepreneurs and serving on multiple boards of directors.
4. Managed Azure Cloud Services: Nerdio has introduced a new, modular way for MSPs to build and grow their IT practice in Azure by addressing specific customer needs in four distinct use cases: Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), server management, Hosted RDS, and full IT stack (ITaaS), the company says.
2. M&A – Apple IT Services: Evergreen Services Group has invested in Interlaced LLC, a provider of Apple-centric IT services, the companies confirmed this morning. This is the latest in a growing list of Evergreen investments across the MSP sector. We’ll share more details later today.
1. Thank You: ChannelE2E in May 2018 generated double-digit readership growth compared to our Q2 monthly averages in 2017. The site has grown every quarter since launching in September 2015. Special thanks to our sponsors and readers worldwide for your ongoing support, engagement and feedback.