5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 31 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Actually, there are 16 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
16. MSP Password Management: This just in from Passportal…
15. Partnership – Accenture & Workday: Workday stock rose about 4.6 percent Thursday morning amid reports that Accenture has signed some sort of HR-related software deal with the SaaS business application provider.
14. ServiceNow Financial Results: ServiceNow revenues were $715.4 million for its Q4 2018, up 30 percent from the corresponding quarter in 2017. Net income was $7 million. The figures easily beat Wall Street’s expectations. The IT service management (ITSM) software provider has been gaining traction in midmarket and enterprise accounts. Key partners include CareWorx Fully Managed, which offers a customized version of ServiceNow to midmarket IT departments and MSPs.
13. Talent – Pure Storage: Cisco Systems veteran Joe Pinto has joined Pure Storage as chief customer experience officer. He reports to a fellow Cisco veteran — Pure Storage CEO Charlie Giancarlo. Pinto now oversees Pure Storage’s Global Support and Professional Services functions under the newly formed Customer Experience organization.
12. Career Training – AWS Cloud Services: Amazon has partnered with New York colleges to offer cloud computing job training to students.
11. eDiscovery Managed Services: FTI Consulting has expanded its e-discovery managed services offering to include the Relativity platform.
10. Artificial Intelligence and Big MSPs: Ericsson has launched a new Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based managed services offering for communications service providers – the Ericsson Operations Engine. The solution is an end-to-end managed services operating model that, through Artificial Intelligence, automation, and the power of data, reimagines network and IT operations, network design and optimization, and applications development and maintenance, according to Ericsson’s lofty claims…
9. MSP Marketing Tools: RMM (remote monitoring and management) software provider Pulseway has launched MSP Toolkit, a marketing system that allows MSPs to promote their businesses to existing and target customers.
8. Data Protection Startup: Keep an eye on CloudOak. Why? Chances are you know a few of the executive team members, and their previous success in the IT services market. The company has built an appliance powered by Rubrik. Read between the lines, and this looks like a cloud-scale counter strategy to Datto’s partner strategy…
7. Datto RMM for MSPs: Datto has released Datto RMM 6.5, an upgraded remote monitoring and management (RMM) software platform that features enhanced security and patch management capabilities. Datto acquired the underlying platform when the company merged with Autotask in 2018.
6. M&A – Office Supplies: In a split decision, the FTC has approved a key deal within the business supply market — namely Staples’ acquisition of office-supply wholesaler Essendant Inc.
5. M&A – Salesforce Partners: Simplus has acquired Salesforce’s first partner in Australia, Sqware Peg, furthering Simplus’ global expansion into the Asia Pacific region. This is Simplus’s sixth Salesforce consulting partner acquisition since 2016.
4. M&A – MSP Brand & Business Update: Green House Data acquired Infront Consulting Group in May 2018. Fast forward to present day, and Green House is now ready to unify those assets under one brand. Customers now have single points of contact and unified systems for account management, support, sales, and operations…
3. Family Business Succession Plan: Chances are you don’t have one.
2. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.
1. Thank You So Much: ChannelE2E, nearing its fourth birthday, remains the biggest IT media site we’ve ever built. And it’s still growing. Readership rose more than 20 percent in January 2019 vs. 2018, setting another monthly traffic record. And our readership has grown every year since launch. We can’t thank our readers and sponsors enough for your support, engagement and feedback.