5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 31 August 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, August 31, 2017.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
8. Talent: TPx has promoted Hilary Gadda to director of national channel development, reporting to Jim Delis, VP of national channel development. TPx Communications is a national managed services carrier formed from the merger of TelePacific and DSCI.
7. Workday Momentum: Workday’s revenues were $525.3 million in Q2 2018, up f 40.6% from the second quarter of fiscal 2017. Subscription revenues were $434.5 million, an increase of 42.0% from the corresponding quarter last year. The company specializes in SaaS-based HR and financial software, competing aggressively against Oracle and SAP, among other rivals.
6. IT Salaries: When it comes to top technology salaries, the most lucrative careers involve software and… wait for it… IT services, according to a LinkedIn survey.
5. Box Results: Box revenues were $122.9 million in Q2 2017, up 28 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. But the company’ current quarter revenue forecast was slightly below Wall Street’s original expectations, which pressured company shares the past 24 hours.
4. New PSA Platform: Cross Concept Inc. is beta testing a new PSA (professional services automation) software platform called Continuum. That’s sort of ironic, considering a well-known company called Continuum already offers RMM (remote monitoring and management), NOC (network operations center) and BDR (backup and disaster recovery) solutions for MSPs. And Continuum (the company) integrates with third-party PSAs.
Hurricane Harvey Business Recovery Updates
Among the latest developments related to the Hurricane Harvey recovery…
3. Distribution & Finance: Ingram Micro’s finance teams have identified those channel partners in the impacted areas and/or with customers in the impacted areas, and are working on an individual basis with these partners to help with the cashflow, terms and credit needed now and in the future. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Charity: CompTIA has launched an industrywide fundraising effort to assist victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas and Louisiana, and encouraged its corporate and individual members, partners and the wider technology community to join in the effort. For every $1 donated up to $200,000 — CompTIA will donate $2. So if donations from other parties reach a combined $200,000, CompTIA would contribute $400,000, for a total combined donation of $600,000. Donations to CompTIA’s hurricane and flood relief campaign may be made at here. Specify CompTIA when prompted for a company donation match to ensure your contribution is matched two-for-one.
1. Power and Network Outages: Use the following links to track the latest power outages and network outages (cellular, broadband and broadcast) across Texas and Louisiana. We will update outage content daily at least through September 1.