5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 30 November 2019
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Avaya: A US judge has cleared the way for Avaya to emerge from bankruptcy before 2018 arrives…
10. Cloud to Cloud Backup: Backupify, a Datto company that safeguards SaaS application data, has unveiled Backupify for G Suite 2.0. The offering protects Google Team Drives alongside Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, and Drive. It’s set to launch in early 2018.
9. Workday Momentum: Workday’s Q3 revenues were $555.4 million, up 34.3 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Workday develops SaaS-driven HR and financial applications, competing most directly against Oracle’s PeopleSoft and financial platforms.
8. Amazon IoT: Amazon launched a boatload of IoT services that extend machine learning to the edge of networks.
7. Let’s All Follow Tech Data’s Lead: Tech Data has kicked off an inaugural Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Conference at the company’s headquarters in Clearwater, Fla. The event features industry thought leaders from Cisco, IBM and Oracle who will share how D&I impacts their workforce and business, as well as the future of the technology industry. Presentations and workshops run through the end of today.
6. Partner Program: Ormuco has launched a global channel partner program for its Ormuco Stack cloud software. It targets the familiar acronyms — CSPs, MSPs, VARs, etc.
5. MSP Password Management: The folks at Passportal have some new R&D moves to share with partners. Perhaps we’ll share more details soon.
4. AlienVault Momentum: That AlienVault relationship with ConnectWise, announced at IT Nation 2017 last month, is already gaining tracking with MSPs. What more can we say? Hmmm… Mum’s the word for now.
3. MSP Software Industry M&A: Another deal is on the way. We can more than sense it… but we can’t write about it just yet. Tuck this little nugget away for now, and we’ll let you know when the tuck-in details emerge for public consumption.
2. AWS CEO Interview: A rather revealing Q&A with AWS CEO Any Jassy is here.
1. AWS re:Invent: Among our meetings yesterday… solo conversations with AWS Channel Chief Terry Wise; and leaders from 2nd Watch, AHEAD, New Relic, SolarWinds MSP and Webroot. We’ll recap the chatter soon. Meanwhile: Track all AWS re:Invent coverage here.