5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 30 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 30, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Data Protection – MSPs: StorageCraft has upgraded and expanded is flagship ShadowXafe platform. An earlier version focused mainly on corporate customers and traditional channel partners. This new offering specifically embraces MSPs with new features in such areas as data monitoring, protection, and recovery. On a related note, anecdotal evidence suggests that StorageCraft has been gaining momentum with partners in recent months. We’ll share more details soon. Also, it’s safe to expect more StorageCraft chatter at ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 in June.
2. APM’s Value Explained: Still not sure how APM (application performance management) can improve customers’ business performance? This SolarWinds research report on APM and associated business outcomes may help MSPs frame APM discussions with customers.
3. Top IT Services Businesses: Clutch ranks them here…
4. Small Business Loans: PayPal continues to grow its small business lending operation, and the company now originates $1 billion per month, Lend Academy reports.
5. Salesforce Blockchain: The cloud giant’s new Salesforce Blockchain offering leverages Hyperledger, and open source technology. The result: Partners and customers can now deploy and manage blockchain networks, workflows, contracts and apps with clicks, not code, Salesforce asserts.
6. Talent – Lenovo Layoffs: The company is cutting about 500 positions, CRN reports. Still, the cuts come amid Lenovo’s renewed focus on channel partners for mobile, desktop, workstation and data center opportunities.
8. Microprocessors: Intel has unveiled its 9th generation vPro processors.
9. Funding – Digital Advertising: VuPulse has raised $1.025 million in Series A funding led by Florida Funders with participationm from Bridge Angel Investors. Total funding including a preferred Series A round in 2018 is $1.6 million. Disclosure: I’m a Florida Funders member, but I’m not involved in the VuPulse funding.
C. Channel Partner Programs
1. HP Partner Rewards: New details surfaced here…
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon re:MARS 2019 – Artificial Intelligence Conference (June 4-7)
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].