5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 30 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, August 30, 2018.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates (yowzers…) designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
18. Dell IoT Solutions: Dell Technologies unveiled a range of IoT solutions that channel partners can offer to end-customers.
17. HCI and SAP Applications: Nutanix’s AHV hypervisor and Enterprise Cloud OS platform hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solution (um, that all just rolls of the tongue…) has met SAP’s criteria for running production SAP HANA deployments.
16. HCI and Smart City Solutions: Lenovo and Pivot3 have inked a global strategic partnership to develop, market and sell a new set of edge computing solutions optimized for mission-critical smart city security. The integrated appliances feature Lenovo Data Center Group (DCG) ultra-reliable ThinkSystem servers powered by Pivot3 HCI software.
14. AWS Migrations: nClouds, a provider of AWS and DevOps consulting and implementation services, has achieved AWS Migration Competency status. The company can manage complex AWS migration projects — from discovery and planning to migration and operations, nClouds asserts.
13. Box Integrations: Box has unveiled a “unified activity stream” for files stored on Box. The stream allows users to see how their content is connected to the other SaaS applications they use every day, such as Slack, Salesforce and DocuSign, Box says. The news surfaced at the BoxWorks18 conference in San Francisco.
12. SUSE Linux Momentum: SUSE’s revenues reached $182.9 million for the six months ended April 30, up 17 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Adjusted EBITDA for that period was $56 million, nearly 23 percent year-over-year growth, the company says. EQT Partners acquired SUSE Linux from struggling Micro Focus International for $2.535 billion in July 2018.
11. Business Continuity: Asigra and iXsystems at VMworld 2018 demonstrated the new TrueNAS Backup Appliance. The appliance combines Asigra Cloud Backup V14 software with iXsystems’ TrueNAS storage. It features the OpenZFS open source file system and volume management.
Continue to page two of two for the stunning conclusion of this blog.