5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 26 September 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 27, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Privacy Laws: U.S. technology giants want a uniform privacy law — but they don’t want the law to be as powerful as GDPR, according to Law360.
10. Partner Program: 365 Data Centers has launched master agent-centric channel program. The company also is rolling out network upgrades and new cloud and virtual managed services offerings.
9. Partner Program – Data Protection: StorageCraft has unveiled the Global Partner Success Program. The program supports StorageCraft’s complete data management and data protection portfolio — including OneXafe, ShadowXafe, ShadowProtect and Cloud Services DRaaS. The partner program addresses all types of channel partners, rather than force-fitting partners into one specific business model. We’ll share more details later today.
7. Azure Cloud Management: Continuum has enhanced its IT management platform to monitor, manage, and back up data in Microsoft Azure. The MSP-centric services were unveiled at the Continuum Navigate 2018 conference in Boston.
6. Office 365 Security: Continuum also unveiled configuration management and threat monitoring for Office 365 at the conference. The new monitoring capabilities can quickly identify suspicious behaviors, and through investigation via Continuum’s Security Operations Center (SOC), identify and remediate compromised accounts, the company asserts. On a related note, Continuum Security is now available to European service providers with full GDPR support.
5. Office 365 Monitoring: eG Innovations has expanded its monitoring portfolio to deliver performance visibility for Microsoft Office 365. Customers can track Office 365 access, usage, connectivity and performance, the company says.
4. MSP Integration – IT Glue and Continuum: IT Glue‘s MSP documentation platform now integrates with Continuum’s help desk system. The news comes one week after multiple IT Glue integrations surfaced at the GlueCon 2018 conference in Phoenix.
3. Talent – Data Protection: Vault America has hired Robin Miller as channel development manager. Miller previously held key roles at GMS Live Expert, N-able Technologies (acquired by SolarWinds) and Level Platforms (purchased by AVG and now owned by Avast). Vault America also announced it is partnering with Generate Marketing & Communications, which is led by Ingram Micro veteran Gennifer Biggs.
2. Cisco Systems Channel Chief: Oliver Tuszik is now senior VP for Cisco’s Global Partner Organization. He succeeds Wendy Bahr, who will work to ensure a smooth transition through Cisco Partner Summit in November. Bahr announced her retirement plans several weeks ago. We’ll share more details about Tuszik soon,
1. Family Business Succession Plans: Only 35 percent of the current family business leaders plan to pass on the management to the next generation of relatives. Most leaders want to bring in professional management and 48 percent want to pass on only the ownership to the next generation, according to a PwC survey and related reporting by LiveMint.