5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 25 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, October 25, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Hurricane Michael Disaster Recovery: Verizon’s network is operational across the Panhandle, and efforts are underway to further stabilize and strengthen the company’s wireless network in Panama City, throughout Bay and Gulf Counties, and across the Panhandle, the telecom giant says. The effort includes a $25 million network investment and associated 5G network, Verizon says.
11. NetApp Storage Offerings: The company this week unveiled a range of hybrid cloud storage solutions.
10. Remote Mac Support: Splashtop has upgraded its software to help MSPs remotely monitor, manage, and support Apple Mac computers.
9. RMM and Network Monitoring: SolarWinds MSP has expanded its RMM capabilities to include Network Device Monitoring for switches, printers, routers and firewalls. The move essentially counters Auvik Networks (a network-centric RMM provider); Kaseya Traverse; and NinjaRMM.
8. PSA-RMM Integration: Promys now integrates with NinjaRMM. Last I heard, Promys was quietly growing about 35 percent per year. NinjaRMM, meanwhile, recently surpassed 2,000 MSPs as platform adopters.
7. ServiceNow Momentum: ServiceNow’s 3Q 2018 revenues were $627 million, up 39 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. The IT service management software company closed 25 deals worth more than $1 million in net new annual contract value. More than 600 customers overall now have contracts of that size with ServiceNow. The company’s revenues and earnings beat Wall Street’s expectations, according to Seeking Alpha.
6. ServiceNow Integration: Device42, Inc., provider of IT infrastructure management software, has delivered a new ServiceNow integration. The connection links ServiceNow’s ITSM software with and Device42’s Discovery and Application Mapping capabilities.
5. ServiceNow MSP: 1901 Group has achieved the ServiceNow MSP and Sales Partner designations. 1901 group enables federal government customers with ServiceNow solutions, the consulting firm says.
4. AppRiver Expansion: AppRiver is expanding its Microsoft CSP operations from the U.S. to more partners in Europe and the UK, the Florida-based company says. Among the key areas of focus: AppRiver has developed a proprietary Office 365 security audit tool, which helps channel partners to pinpoint and address customer issues, while driving associated recurring revenue opportunities. Chris Essex, senior VP of global sales and channel chief, is driving the global partner strategy.
2. M&A – IT Services: Ireland ICT provider Triangle has acquired Kerna Communications, a provider of cybersecurity, networking and managed services solutions. We’ll share more details soon.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.