5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 22 March 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Threat Report: Webroot shared its 2018 Threat Report this morning. We’ll share more details soon.
7. MSP Single Sign-On: SolarWinds MSP has unveiled a phased rollout of a new single-sign-on (SSO) login system for key SolarWinds MSP solutions. Kaseya’s AuthAnvil also offers SSO capabilities. We’ll share more details about SolarWinds MSP’s SSO strategy later today.
6. Talent: How is Tech Data evolving? To get answers, take a closer look at the distribution giant’s board room.
5. IT Consulting Concerns: Accenture trimmed its yearly forecast for profit margins, driving its stock down 6 percent on Thursday and overshadowing quarterly results that comfortably topped Wall Street targets, Reuters notes.
4. Enterprise Artificial Intelligence: HP Enterprise has unveiled new offerings to help customers ramp up, optimize and scale artificial intelligence (AI) usage across business functions, the company says.
3. IT Management: ClearCenter has released ClearGLASS, an add-on application and service for ClearOS. The new application allows IT departments to securely and privately manage cloud resources from multiple providers, on-premise servers, Blockchain nodes, or decentralized IT infrastructure at any scale from a single management plane, the company claims.
2. IBM Progress, Challenges: A surprising number of MSPs have embraced IBM Watson, IBM Cloud and other strategic technologies, according to ChannelE2E briefings at this week’s IBM Think and PartnerWorld 2018 conferences in Las Vegas. The company is showing improved performance on multiple fronts. But outside distractions, particularly the company’s alleged habit of cutting staff without announcing layoffs, continue to pop up from time to time.
1. Thank You: To more than a dozen sources that sat down with ChannelE2E in Las Vegas for various partner briefings. Without you, we’ve got no insights to share with our readers.