5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 19 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 19, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2019: Our sister site, MSSP Alert, will unveil the annual Top 100 MSSP list and research today during our MSSP Alert webcast.
3. Cloud Services – Sustainability: Salesforce has unveiled Salesforce Sustainability Cloud, a carbon accounting product for businesses to drive climate action that will accelerate the world’s efforts towards carbon neutrality, the company asserts.
4. Cloud Monitoring: Zenoss has launched new monitoring capabilities for Google Cloud Dataflow.
5. Managed Services – Brand Protection: TrackStreet, a SaaS-based brand protection platform, is expanding its capabilities to offer brand protection managed services.
6. Cisco Contact Center Strategy: Details are here.
7. Digital Experience Management (DEM) – New Relic FutureStack Conference: New Relic today will showcase its Observability Platform during a conference in New York. The effort involves New Relic Logs, New Relic Traces, New Relic Metrics, and New Relic AI. The goal: Empower businesses to build better digital experiences for employees and customers. The New Relic product demonstrations come at a key time. Rival Datadog is expected to go public today, and New Relic itself has confirmed some executive changes amid slower-than-expected revenue growth.
8. Digital Experience Management (DEM) and APM: Application performance monitoring (APM) software specialist SignalFx has confirmed multiple platform updates that improve problem detection and alerting on trace latency and error metrics.
9. Funding – Network Routing: 128 Technology, a provider of Session Smart Routing, has raised $30 million in Series D funding. Existing investors all participated in the oversubscribed round, including executive management and current employees of 128 Technology, G20 Ventures, The Perkins Fund and individual investors, the company said.
10. Splunk Pricing Model: Here are details about some changes.
11. Splunk Venture Capital: The software provider has launched a $150 million venture fund to focus on data analytics startups.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. ConnectWise Growth Rate: ConnectWise has added more than 1,000 new channel partners from March through August — or roughly 167 partners per month. Revenue, profit and partner headcount (i.e., seat) figures were not disclosed. The software provider, acquired by Thoma Bravo in February 2019, develops business automation and IT management tools for MSPs, VARs and technology solutions providers (TSPs). ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee and executive team embers are expected to share additional business strategy updates next month during the IT Nation Connect 2019 conference in Orlando.
2. Talent – Liongard MSP Automation: ConnectWise and Tech Data veteran Casey Higgins has joined Liongard as director of worldwide channels and alliances, ChannelE2E has confirmed. Higgins steadily moved up the ranks at ConnectWise during a 10-plus year career at the MSP software provider, ultimately becoming VP of partner experience. “His contribution was instrumental in our growth & success,” says ConnectWise veteran Adam Slutskin, now chief revenue officer at Liongard. “I couldn’t be more excited about being reunited with Casey and what his contribution will mean to Liongard. We’re continuing our journey to help the MSP community finally have unified visibility across their entire customers tech stack.”
3. Talent – Channel Chief: SecureAuth has hired David Woodward as senior VP of worldwide sales and channel.
4. Managed Services – SAP Applications: Deloitte is now a certified cloud managed services provider for SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud.
5. Managed Services – Zoom Videoconferencing: Pinnaca’s Global Video Network Operations Center (VNOC) now offers support for Zoom videoconferencing customers.
7. Partnership – Unified Communications: Avaya will adopt hybrid cloud solutions from IBM to help expand its Avaya ReadyNow private cloud unified communications and contact center offerings internationally, the two companies say.
8. Employee Training: A new SAP Content Stream by Skillsoft, available in October, will integrate Skillsoft content, SAP SuccessFactors Learning and the Percipio learning experience platform. enable businesses that use SAP solutions to transform their workforce by providing high-quality and engaging learning that helps people and organizations to achieve their fullest potential. The goal: Help businesses to up-skill their workforces.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Spiceworks Spiceworld 2019 (September 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Intelisys Channel Connect 20219 (September 25-27, Monterey, California)
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Continuum Navigate19 (October 1-2, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.