5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 19 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, April 19, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Tech Data CEO: The succession plan surfaced today…
11. Layoffs: Qualcomm has begun cutting jobs as part of its promise to investors to cut annual costs by $1 billion, Reuters says.
10. Partner Programs: Key moves include…
- GetWireless, a value-added distributor, has launched an IoT-focused Alliance Program.
- PagerDuty, which specializes in digital operations management, has launched the global PagerDuty Reseller Program.
- Verifi, a provider of payment and risk management solutions for POS and card-not-present merchants, has launched an Authorized Reseller Program.
9. Facebook and GDPR: How will Facebook navigate GDPR compliance both in the European Union and worldwide? Here are some clues.
8. Compliance Reports: Accellion, a platform that enables organizations to securely share sensitive information beyond enterprise borders while maintaining the controls and visibility needed to demonstrate compliance, has unveiled one-click compliance reports.
7. Partnership: Office Depot has signed a channel partner agreement with MicroCorp, a value-added distributor of telecom and cloud solutions. The deal follows MicroCorp’s recent acquisition of Open Spectrum for various cloud services.
6. Wholesale IT Services: CompuCom Systems has launched CompuCom Wholesale to provides white-label field, lifecycle management and related project services to OEMs, ISVs, service providers and select large enterprises with retained field organizations. The move is part of parent company’s Office Depot’s business transformation efforts.
5. Distribution: Commvault‘s backup and disaster recovery solutions are now available via AWS marketplace — particularly for customers leveraging AWS GovCloud, AWS Secret Region and AWS Top Secret Region.
3. MSP for Oracle Cloud: Data Intensity has joined an elite group of Oracle partners within their Global Managed Service Provider (MSP) program.
2. M&A – MSP and Private Equity: Madison Dearborn Partners has acquired Remote DBA Experts (RDX), an MSP focused on remote database administration (DBA) and cloud managed services. More tuck-in deals are expected. We’ll share more details soon.
1. RSA Conference News: Our final updates will surface Thursday and Friday here.