5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 17 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
17. Oracle Cloud – Deja Vu: Oracle CEO Mark Hurd has vowed to make his company a leader in the SaaS applications market. His goal: Ensure Oracle commands roughly half of the SaaS market. Alas, published reports keep referring to his goal as an “apps market” push. But that’s misleading, since most folks associate apps with smart phones, mobile devices, and smart TVs. In reality, Hurd has spent the past two years predicting that only two companies will ultimately dominate the SaaS market — though he’s declined to predict a timeframe for Oracle’s dominance. No doubt, Oracle has considerable SaaS momentum. But so do such rivals as SAP, Microsoft, Salesforce and Workday, among others…
16. Dell and VMware Alignment: Dell and VMware’s economic interests are perfectly aligned, according to VMware COO Sanjay Poonen. We’ll be watching to see what that alignment means for Dell revenues and profits when the company announces fiscal year 2019 fourth quarter results on February 28, 2018. It will mark the first earnings announcement since Dell returned to public markets in December 2018.
15. Partnership – IBM-Juniper: IBM Services has scored a $325 million agreement to assist Juniper Networks with various infrastructure, application, cloud and IT services.
14. Talent – Software: 3CLogic, a provider of cloud contact center software, has hired Matt Durkin as VP of sales for direct and channel efforts. He previously ran the healthcare sales division for Dell-Compellent, doubling sales annually, 3CLogic says.
12. Talent – MSP Software: Dan Cooper, managing partner of Jamcoop and chairman of Terrell’s Office Solutions, has joined Continuum’s board of advisors.
11. Talent – Vertical Market MSP: Healthcare IT executive Steven Cummings has joined VertitechIT — a Massachusetts-based IT consultancy — as an executive project officer (EPO).
Continue to page two of two for the captivating conclusion of today’s blog.