5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 17 August 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, August 17, 2017.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. President Trump Executive Exodus: IBM CEO Ginni Rometty provided this statement on the demise of President Trump’s executive advisory forum. Meanwhile, here’s a list of current and former President Trump business advisors, care of Recode. The ever-changing list shows just how many tech and business leaders have entered — and exited — President Trump’s circle of influencers over the past few months…
10. Microsoft M&A: Microsoft has acquired Cycle Computing, which specializes in cloud computing orchestration software for Big Compute and Big Data. The goal: big new Big Compute and Cloud HPC (High Performance Computing) to Azure. The big question: Will Cycle Computing continue to support third-party clouds like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform? Hmmm…
9. Cisco Business Model: Cisco is sorting its financial reporting into five categories going forward. They include (1) infrastructure platform, (2) applications, (3) security, (4) services and (5) other, according to Barron’s. Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins has bet heavily on transitions to security, software and recurring revenue subscription services. But Wall Street was underwhelmed with the company’s fiscal Q4 2017 financial results, which were released yesterday. Related Conference: Cisco Partner Summit 2017 is set for November. If you’d like to potentially meet ChannelE2E there please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).
7. Backup Goes Hyperconverged: Unitrends, which develops enterprise backup and continuity solutions, now integrates with Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). Nutanix has momentum in the hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) market.
6. Partner Honorees: Masergy, a provider of SDN, managed security and cloud communications solutions, says its top partner achievers are Intellisys (overall partner sales and UCaaS partner sales) and Avant (unified enterprise security sales). Masergy’s partner program has helped the company generate double-digit, year-over-year growth. Global Channel VP Chuck Ward drives the partner effort. Related MSSP Service: Masergy recently unveiled managed endpoint detection and response security service, or MEDR for short.
5. Partner Program: Cloudian, which develops enterprise object storage systems, has launched a Data Management Partners Program. Charter members of the Program include Rubrik, Komprise, Evolphin, and CTERA Networks.
3. IT Outsourcing Boom: Organizations are outsourcing certain IT services at the highest rate since the Great Recession, according to a new study from Computer Economics. Overall, we expect the trend to continue, though not in a traditional way. The outsourcing boom leads back to two trends — growing demand for third-party cloud services, and growing need for managed security services amid the cyber talent shortage. (Hence our launch of MSSP Alert for established and emerging MSSPs).
2. MSPs Automate PC, Server Optimization: Kaseya and Voosh have inked a rather interesting partnership that could help MSPs to automatically improve customers’ PC and server performance. Indeed, Voosh now provides an integrated version of its performance optimization application for Kaseya’s VSA platform. Voosh’s software automatically adjusts a manufacturers’ server work PC settings to increase capacity and improve performance, the company says. Related Conference: Kaseya Connect Europe 2017 is set for October.
1. Join Us Today: Want to improve your email marketing and lead generation strategy? For quick tips to generate quick wins, attend today’s ChannelE2E Webcast at 2:00 p.m, ET. The Topic: “How to Build an Email Marketing List that Converts. Register now. Even if you can’t attend the live webcast, we’ll send you a link to view it on-demand after today’s live conversation and recording.