5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 16 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 16, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. Potential Startup Funding: ConnectWise is inviting companies to compete in PitchIT, a contest to determine the “next great product or offering integrated into the ConnectWise platform.” Three finalists will make their pitch at IT Nation Explore in June, and the winner can receive an investment of up to $75,000 from ConnectWise to power their integration, the company says.
2. Startup – TimeZest for ConnectWise Manage: A startup called TimeZest is developing a scheduling add-on for ConnectWise Manage. The software will allow customers to schedule calls and remote support sessions an MSP’s help desk personnel. TimeZest Founder Brad Benner is a veteran IT services provider and serial entrepreneur.
3. M&A – MSP Acquisition Plan: Nerds On Site plans to acquire multiple MSPs in North America.
4. M&A – MSP and DevOps: Green House Data, a managed IT services provider with data center expertise, has acquired Deliveron, an agile-focused DevOps development firm.
5. Managed SD-WAN Services: Tata Communications has partnered with Cisco Systems to launch a managed SD-WAN solution.
6. Talent – Data Management: DataStax is shaking up its business ahead of a potential IPO. Among the changes: President Steve Rowlands and product and engineering chief Martin Van Ryswyk are leaving the company on August 1.
7. Talent – IT Field Services Marketplace: Sitehands has hired Steve Venezi as head of global operations. He previously was SVP of IT Service Delivery at Wells Fargo. Sitehands, is an IT Field Services Marketplace. The marketplace has a network of 15,000+ vetted and certified field service technicians . Those IT professionals support customers across 100 countries and 4,000 cities.
C. Partner Program Updates
1. Talent – Communications & Collaboration: Fuze has hired Carbonite and HP veteran Timothy Puccio as VP of global channels and alliances. Puccio will lead the channel sales strategy in partnership with Fuze Chief Sales Officer Chris Doggett.
2. Distribution – Growth: D&H Distributing grew 17 percent in its fiscal year ended April 30, 2019. Revenues surged in cloud solutions (up 107 percent), ProAV (111 percent), PC gaming (41 percent) and premium notebooks (32 percent). Also, network security (77 percent) and servers and workstations (each up 26 percent) showed strong growth, the company says. D&H did not disclose actual revenue and profit figures.
3. Distribution – MSP Software: ITCloud.ca has agreed to distribute NinjaRMM to IT service providers and IT professionals in Canada.
D. Technology Conferences
- Haystack Connect IoT Conference (May 13-15)
- IoT World 2019 (May 13-16)
- Bosch ConnectedWorld IIoT Conference (May 15-16)
- ZertoCon 2019 (May 20-22)
- How to Make Money in Managed Security (Webcast – May 23)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].