5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 15 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Thursday, November 14, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Cisco Partners of the Year 2018: The honorees surfaced here.
11. Cisco Earnings: Cisco Systems’ revenues were $13.1 billion in Q1 fiscal 2019, up 8 percent vs. Q1 fiscal 2018, the company disclosed on Wednesday after markets closed. The results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations. Key revenue growth areas included Applications (up 18 percent), Security (up 11 percent), and Infrastructure Platforms (up 9 percent).
9. Dell-VMware Offer: Dell Technologies on Thursday raised its offer to buy back shares tied to its interest in software maker VMware (i.e., the DVMT tracking stock) to $120 per share, still way short of the $300 price suggested by activist investor Carl Icahn, Reuters notes. Dell is pursuing the deal in order to return the company to public markets.
8. Unified Communications: Intermedia has added new chat functionality and an enhanced mobile and desktop experience to Intermedia Unite– a cloud-based Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and the partners that serve them. Intermedia Unite users can now chat with colleagues, place and receive calls, see who is available, hold web/video conferences, and share their screens and files from one application.
6. AWS Cloud Management: Kentik has extended its platform to provide integrated agentless cloud visibility into Amazon Web Services (AWS). Service providers can manage performance, security, cloud cost-control and more.
5. Data Protection and HIPAA: Axcient has strengthened its data protection platforms to address HIPAA compliance. The enhancements involve Cloud Key Management (CKMS) data encryption for the company’s Business Continuity solutions including Replibit and Business Recovery Cloud (BRC). The move allows partners to revoke encryption keys in the event of physical theft or a network compromise, rendering data unusable at the push of a button, Axcient asserts.
3. Funding – Home Services: ServiceTitan, which develops a SaaS platform for home services, has raised $165 million in Series D funding.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast today (Thursday). Register now.