5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 12 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 12, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Talent – Oracle Leadership: Oracle CEO Mark Hurd is taking a medical leave of absence. Founder Larry Ellison and CEO Safra Catz will take on Hurd’s responsibilities during his absence, the company says. Both Hurd and Catz carry the CEO title — rather than “co-CEO” designations. Hurd’s medical leave arrives as Oracle strives to shift more of its business from traditional enterprise software toward cloud subscription services. The company remains solidly profitable, but growth has been challenging amid strong competition from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and a lengthy list of SaaS business application providers — particularly Workday and Salesforce, among others.
2. AWS On-Premises: How can partners and customers run Amazon Web Services (AWS) workloads on-premises? The company offered answers in this AWS Outposts blog update…
3. LogMeIn Europe: LogMeIn‘s recently introduced Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) product, GoToConnect, and video conferencing room solution, GoToRoom, are now generally available in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany.
4. CEO Exits: Increased churn continues at the chief executive position, as employers at U.S.-based companies announced 159 chief executive officer changes, the highest monthly total on record, according to Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. MSPs and Cisco Systems: Cisco has launched an MSP page to more greatly emphasize the networking giant’s growing relationships with managed services providers. The page emphasizes such solutions as Meraki, Umbrella, Advanced Malware Protection, Duo and Stealthwatch. It’s a safe bet the company will further emphasize MSP relationships during Cisco Partner Summit 2019 in November.
2. Managed Services – Cisco Unified Communications: Zenoss and Cisco have launched an Unlock & Extend program for application and service monitoring. Zenoss also highlighted a new integration with ServiceNow.
3. Talent – Channel Chief: Nutanix has hired Juniper veteran Christian Alvarez as VP, Americas channel. The move comes at a key time for Nutanix, which stumbled earlier this year amid a shift from HCI (hyperconverged infrastructure) hardware to software and subscription services. Still, Nutanix technology is widely respected — especially within enterprises that are seeking to modernize their data center architectures.
4. Databases: EnterpriseDB has expanded its GlobalConnect worldwide partner program. The effort includes a refreshed partner portal for deal registrations, referrals, lead distribution, training, and collateral, along with a news feed customized by region. EnterpriseDB’s revenues have grown 40 percent year-over-year, and the company has generated 37 consecutive quarters of subscription growth. Actual revenue and profit figures are undisclosed.
5. Distribution: Tech Data has agreed to distribute OPAQ’s cloud-based, network security-as-a-service platform to U.S. service providers.
6. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Pure Storage Accelerate 2019 (September 15-18, Austin, Texas)
- Cisco Contact Center Summit 2019 (September 17-19, Hollywood, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].