Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, October 11, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Xerox App Store: The Xerox App Gallery now features e-commerce functions for channel partners. The result? Channel partners can now share in the revenue when their clients purchase an app from the gallery. True believers include JustTech — the first Xerox-certified Personalized Application Builder in the U.S. JustTech has earned more than $1 million in app licensing fees, Xerox says.
10. Barracuda Networks Momentum:Barracuda is winning more than 200 net new public cloud customer deployments per quarter. Moreover, product bookings grew 57 percent year-over-year for Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, including growth of 173 percent though Barracuda’s MSP business, the company says. It has been nearly one year since Thoma Bravo acquired Barracuda and took the company private. CEO BJ Jenkins recapped the year, key moves and major priorities during a recent interview with MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E. We’ll share more details soon…
9. Unified Threat Management for MSPs:Trend Micro Cloud Edge, a unified threat management platform, is now available to MSPs in North America.
document hardware details for workstations and servers;
document installed software on workstations and servers;
identify all operating systems on a network; and
Discover devices and software from unwanted or unknown vendors.
5. Database Performance Management: SentryOne announced the SentryOne Monitoring Mobile App, which allows data professionals and IT managers to view SQL Server, SSAS, and SentryOne Cloud Sync monitoring data on Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices, and receive push notifications for specified conditions as they occur, the company says.
4. Help Desk Voice Recognition:ServiceNow has acquired FriendlyData, a startup that develops a Natural Language Search Interface for databases. The purpose: Non-technical users can ask quantitative questions in plain English and get fast results through direct answers or data visualizations, the companies say. It’s a safe bet speech recognition technology will increasingly surface via help desks, customer support and security operations applications. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
3. Partner Program – Customer Service: Helpshift, which develops an AI-powered conversational messaging platform, has launched the Helpshift Partner Program. Helpshift claims to bridge “the disconnect between conventional customer service channels—like email and phone support—and a growing consumer base that does more on mobile phones and has a strong preference for messaging as the primary mode of communication.”
2. Azure Expert MSPs: Microsoft continues to build out its cloud partner ecosystem — including Azure Expert MSPs. Both CenturyLink and Tata Consultancy Services have earned that designation in recent days, those companies say.
1. Top 100 Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.