5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 11 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, July 11, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Microsoft Partners Become Paying Customers: The times are changing.
2. AWS Summit: The cloud giant’s latest customer and partner gathering is AWS Summit today in New York. Among the big themes: The financial benefits of running Windows on AWS. And potential updates on the AWS Outposts on-premises strategy.
3. Azure Management: Quest Software is gaining momentum as a provider of Microsoft Azure-oriented management tools. Indeed, Quest’s Microsoft Platform Management business experienced a 148 percent YoY growth for its Azure-hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, Quest On Demand. Still, the company did not disclose actual dollars involved.
4. SD-WAN Managed Services: 8×8 has launched 8×8 Managed Technical Services, a fully managed service for network optimization that combines SD-WAN and new 8×8 premium customer support to improve the performance of customers’ existing networks, the company says.
5. Talent – Software-Defined Networking (SDN): Epsilon, a privately-owned global communications service provider and SDN specialist, has hired Interoute veteran Lee Myall as chief commercial officer. Myall will play a key role in transforming Epsilon from a carrier-focused service provider to an increasingly enterprise-focused company. He previously led a similar business transformation at Interoute.
6. Talent – Distribution: Avnet has named Pete Bartolotta to president, Business Transformation, reporting to CEO Bill Amelio. Bartolotta previously was chief transformation officer.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Dropbox Backup and Archiving: Probax, a provider of data protection and business continuity solutions for MSPs, has launched a SaaS protection solution called Dropbox Backup & Archive. The solution gives businesses a secure and independent backup of their Dropbox data, while extending the retention of critical and historical data beyond the native data recovery limits of Dropbox (up to 180 days), Probax asserts.
2. Cisco Meraki Security Cameras: RMON Networks, a family owned IT services provider in Plaistow, New Hampshire, claims to be the first company in the world to sell Cisco Meraki’s MV32 security camera.
3. Partner program: eStruxture, a Canadian provider of network and cloud-neutral data center solutions, has launched a Channel Partner Program to support sales agents, resellers, and service providers around the world. The program is open to regional customers and international partners whose end-users are seeking to establish a presence in North America, the company says.
4. Small Business SaaS Tools: MasterCard and Zoho are partnering to made it easier for small businesses to consume SaaS applications.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.