5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 07 November 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, December 7, 2017.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. Synnex Networking, Security Push: Synnex is doubling down on the company’s Secure Networking Group — including deeper relationships with Aerohive, F5 Networks, Symantec and more.
9 . Dell Earnings: Dell Technologies continues to pay down debt, and the company’s core hardware business — particularly servers — has held up well amid the shift toward cloud services, according to quarterly results shared earlier today.
7. Application Performance Monitoring: Datadog has joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) and also vowed to support the OpenTracing standard. Datadog’s Agent, APM tracers, and associated integrations are open source. What does all that matter? With support for OpenTracing, Datadog customers can instrument their code for distributed tracing without worrying about vendor lock-in or the need for costly changes to their code-base in the future, the company asserts.
6. SolarWinds Strategy: SolarWinds has released product updates designed to give IT professionals a “new level of simplicity, visibility, and control in monitoring infrastructure, applications, and databases, particularly those in multi-cloud and hybrid IT environments,” the company says. Take a closer look and it’s a safe bet many of those efforts will also surface in the company’s SolarWinds MSP business.
5. Another MSP Software Startup: Syncro has launched a cloud-based software platform featuring RMM, PSA and remote control capabilities for MSPs…
3. M&A: Deloitte has acquired boutique software firm Well Placed Cactus to enhance the firm’s interactive and digital development skills, according to Fairfax Media. Well Placed Cactus is a team of programmers based in Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia, who create interactive installments and games using existing and new technologies such as virtual- and augmented-reality headsets, the report notes.
2. Tax Reform & Small Businesses: According to a recent Paychex survey, 53 percent of small business owners saying tax reform would not benefit their business, while 47 percent indicated it would be good for their business. Some small business owners note that big corporations — rather than small businesses — still get the largest permanent breaks under the new plan…
1. Attack on Pearl Harbor: Today marks the 76th anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor — Dec. 7, 1941.