5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 03 May 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 3, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. VMware’s MSP Strategy: We got the extended details directly from Senior VP Ajay Patel here.
11. Facebook Privacy: Facebook Inc on Thursday said that it fired an employee accused of bragging on matchmaking app Tinder about his access to private user information.
10. Compliance: Virtustream, the enterprise-focused cloud company, has introduced risk management and continuous compliance monitoring software. The Dell-owned company has been in rapid growth mode.
8. Partnership – IoT: Dell, Microsoft and VMware are partnering to promote Internet of Things solutions that leverage Microsoft Azure IoT applications and services; VMware Pulse IoT Center; and Dell Edge Gateways. The offerings will offer customers streamlined management, centralized monitoring and security from devices to the cloud, the trio says.
7. Google Cloud Partners: Onix, a cloud solutions provider near Cleveland, says its Cloud Consulting practice has achieved the Infrastructure Partner Specialization in the Google Cloud Partner Program. Onix began its journey with Google in 2002 as one of the first enterprise search partners with Google Search Appliance, the company says. The company now supports Google Cloud Platform, G Suite and Maps.
6. Kubernetes Training: The Cloud Native Computing Foundation, which sustains and integrates open source technologies like Kubernetes and Prometheus, has unveiled the Kubernetes Training Partner (KTP) program.
5. Amazon SMB Partners: More than 20,000 small and medium-sized businesses worldwide surpassed $1 million in sales on Amazon in 2017, the company says. We’ll share more anecdotes about the Amazon SMB research later today.
3. M&A – Cloud Cost Management: Flexera has acquired Meta SaaS — a spend management platform for cloud applications. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Kaseya-Unitrends Merger: The details are all here.