10. M&A – Data Centers:Peak 10 Inc. has completed its ViaWest acquisition. Peak 10 now offers colocation, interconnection, cloud, managed solutions and professional services to more than 4,200 customers nationally, the company says.
9. DRaaS: Databarracks has launched Business Continuity as a Service (BCaaS) for small and midsize enterprises (SMEs) in the United Kingdom. We’re checking to see if the service leverages a third-party cloud provider and/or third-party software.
8. Cloud Partner Program:Platform9, an open cloud company, has launched the Platform9 Cloud Partner Program. It’s designed for VARs to support a “surge in demand for hybrid cloud solutions.” Platform9 focuses on open source frameworks like Kubernetes and OpenStack.
7. Azure Partner Momentum: Atmosera, a premier Tier-I Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP), over the past 12 months has generated a 3X increase in revenue across all Microsoft Cloud services and 11X gain for Managed Azure Services. That sounds impressive — but actual revenue figures weren’t disclosed. Nor were profit figures.
6. IT Services Profits:Cognizant Technology Solutions reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday, as the IT services provider benefited from lower income tax compared with the year-ago period, Reuters says.
5. Top Salesforce Integrators: The top system integrators focused on Salesforce SaaS deployments include Accenture, Deloitte, IBM and several other key firms, according to Forrester Research. We’ll take a closer look at the list later today…
3. Customer Service Platform:GE is spinning out SmartAssist.io, a machine learning customer service platform. GE acquired the technology as part of the Wise.io company purchase last year. SmartAssist’s main product helps enterprises manage service requests. Key customers include some key names IT service providers know well — particularly MailChimp and ZenDesk.
ServiceNow’s Tony Beller
2. ServiceNow Partner Initiatives: ServiceNow wants to dramatically expand its partner ecosystem to hit some major financial targets by 2020. Tony Beller, VP of worldwide alliances and channels, is driving the effort. True believers include CDI LLC, a major ServiceNow partner. We’ve had several interviews with CDI in recent months. And we’ll finally (at long last…) share more thoughts soon.
1. Competitiveness Index: Trying to figure out your company’s competitive stance relative to rivals and other types of businesses? A new Accenture Competitive Agility Index may assist the effort…