5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 01 March 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
10. Gender Equality: Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg brought her message about workplace gender equality to a typically male domain on Wednesday, urging attendees at an investor conference to improve mentoring of junior female colleagues, Reuters says. Meanwhile, roughly half of all businesses are reviewing their compensation plans to pinpoint and potentially address gender pay gap issues, according to Challenger, Gray & Christmas research findings.
9. Big Blockchain Transaction: Credit Suisse Group and ING Group completed a 25 million euros ($30.48 million) securities lending transaction using blockchain-based software, the companies said on Thursday, as more projects involving the nascent technology behind cryptocurrencies get closer to yielding results, Reuters says.
8. Terror Content Deadline: The European Union has issued an ultimatum to Internet giants — telling technology firms to remove illegal online terrorist content within an hour, or risk facing new EU-wide laws and potential penalties.
7. Partner Scorecard: Mindmatrix’s channel sales enablement software now includes a leaderboard feature, which identifies top performing channel partners based on such parameters as lead count, closure ratio and number of leads and more.
6. Talent: SD-WAN specialist Cybera has hired Cradlepoint veteran Jeff Manning as executive vice president of worldwide sales and channels. Also, Brocade veteran Jayesh Patel joins as senior vice president of business development.
5. Funding: Enterprise object storage system provider Cloudian has inked a $125 million joint venture with Digital Alpha. The agreement includes a utility financing facility of up to $100 million, and $25 million equity commitment to support expansion of Cloudian’s sales, marketing, engineering, and customer-support organizations.
4. SMB Cloud Services: KnownHost has launched a fully managed Reseller Cloud Hosting service, providing SMBs with additional cloud hosting options for those with multiple domains, the company says.
3. Momentum: Paessler’s active reseller base grew 47 percent in 2017 vs. 2016. The company’s PRTG Network Monitor, is an all-in-one network monitoring solution for corporate IT departments and MSPs.
2 . ConnectWise Security Strategy: ConnectWise‘s managed security initiatives for MSPs and technology solutions providers continues to accelerate. A partnership with Cylance surfaced this week. Plus, integrations with AlienVault, Arctic Wolf, Foresite and StratoZen have rolled out in recent months. We’ll share more details on MSSP Alert, our sister site, later today.
1. Healthcare IT Services: Dozens of IT and cloud announcements are expected at next week’s HIMSS 2018 conference in Las Vegas. Got news or observations to share from the show? Send me an email (Joe@AfterNines.com).