5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 01 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, August 1, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. CompTIA ChannelCon 2019 News: Our coverage of CompTIA ChannelCon 2019 is under way here. Check that link for multiple ongoing updates through at least Friday, August 9.
2. Multi-MSP Contract Win – ServiceNow Partner: Bell Techlogix, working with several MSP partners, has won a five-year, $30.5 million contract to provide managed workplace services and infrastructure services to the City of Indianapolis and Marion County. Bell Techlogix will also implement and manage ServiceNow’s ITSM platform for city and county services. Several local partners are also involved in the deal — including: Netlogx, Professional Management Enterprises, Diverse Tech Services, Onebridge, Esource Resources, Vespa Group, and Seven Point Technology.
3. IBM Software and Public Clouds: IBM has reinforced its vow to make all of its software available on third-party public clouds — such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, among others. Red Hat’s underlying Enterprise Linux, which is widely available across most clouds, will serve as the foundation for the move. IBM’s own public cloud holds less than 2 percent of the IaaS market, according to Gartner’s full-year research findings for 2018.
4. Talent – Professional Services Automation: VOGSY, a PSA built on the Google Platform, has hired Leslie Camacho as VP of customer success.
5. Talent – IT Lifecycle Management: Curvature has hired Xerox veteran Yehia Maaty Omar as CEO and RGIS veteran Sreekant “Sree” Kasibhatta as CFO.
7. Data Protection Plus Cybersecurity: Data protection specialist Cohesity has pushed into the security market with a new offering called Cohesity CyberScan. The application leverages backup data to assess the vulnerabilities, or risk posture, of an enterprise’s IT environment.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Google Cloud Partners: The Google Cloud Partner Specializes have expanded to attract and support 90 new partners, Google Cloud Channel Chief Nina Harding says.
2. Internet of Things – Smart Buildings: Synchronoss Technologies and Arrow Electronics are partnering to develop and bring to market a new end-to-end IoT smart building solution, the companies say. The solution, designed for telecom operators, service providers and system integrators t0 support, will allow users to remotely monitor and manage key automated on-premise features and systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); lighting; security; maintenance; and energy consumption, the companies say.
3. Distribution – Security Operations Center (SOC) Platform: ThreatQuotient has confirmed partnerships with global distributors Ectacom, Nihon Cornet and StarLink. ThreatQuotient’s investors include NTT Docomo Ventures.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.