5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 30 July 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 30, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. Blockchain App Store: CLS, IBM and nine financial institutions, including Barclays and Citigroup, are testing a platform to access blockchain-based applications, the companies said on Monday.
9. Facebook Email Collaboration: Facebook has acquired email and team messaging software company Redkix. The talent will join the Facebook Workplace team…
8. Talent: Former Equinix CEO Steve Smith has joined private equity firm GI Partners. Smith exited Equinix earlier this year after he allegedly mishandled an employee matter. Equinix and Smith never disclosed deeper details about the exit…
7. Earnings: Apple (Tuesday) and Tesla (Wednesday) are expected to reveal quarterly earnings this week.
6. Lexmark Partner Program: Lexmark International Global Channel Chief Sammy Kinlaw is developing a partner program blueprint that more aggressively emphasizes distributors, SMB partners and recurring revenue opportunities. Kinlaw described some of the forthcoming move in a call with ChannelE2E last week. We’ll share more details soon.
5. Small Business M&A Records: The number of U.S. small businesses involved in merges and acquisitions will likely set a trend this year, according to BizBuySell. Roughly 5,380 businesses were sold in the first two quarters of 2018, putting the year on pace to surpass 2017’s record-high of 9,919 transactions. Deeper details about buyer, seller and business demographics are here.
4. American Dream: 85 percent of small business owners say they’re living the American Dream.
3. MSP Gathering: Scores of IT service providers and MSPs will gather this week at HTG Q3 meetings in Denver. HTG, now owned by ConnectWise, allows business owners to benchmark their companies and pinpoint best practices for better outcomes in business — and life.
2. MSPs and Customer Experience: How can MSPs deliver a better customer experience? SolarWinds MSP GM John Pagliuca points to the company’s NetPath platform as one key to success. We’ll share more details today around 1:00 p.m. ET on ChannelE2E’s homepage.
1. CompTIA ChannelCon: Our meeting schedule for CompTIA ChannelCon 2018 this week in Washington, D.C., is now fully booked. Thanks to those who confirmed briefings with us. Got news to share at the conference? Email me the details ([email protected]).