5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 29 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 29, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Public Cloud Services Revenues: Amazon Web Services (AWS) has 33 percent market share, followed by Microsoft (16 percent) and Google Cloud (8 percent), according to Synergy Research Group.
2. IPO – Cloud-based Monitoring: Datadog has hired multiple banks and advisors for a potential Initial Public Offering, Reuters reports. Datadog develops cloud-based application, infrastructure and web monitoring tools that compete with Cisco AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic and other software providers. Dynatrace also is ramping up for an IPO.
3. LogMeIn Financial Results: The cloud, collaboration and remote access software provider released its Q2 2019 financial results. The figures included:
- Revenue of $313.1 million, up from $305.6 million compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
- A net loss of $6.5 million, compared to a net profit of $6.5 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
4. Rackspace Shared Space: Rackspace is preparing to lease a portion of hits San Antonio headquarters to a tenant whose name has yet to be disclosed. The managed cloud service provider, owned by private equity, is also rumored to be exploring an IPO.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. IBM Global Channel Chief: David La Rose has succeeded John Teltsch as general manager of the IBM partner ecosystem.
2. Blockchain: HashCash Consultants has introduced a partner program for Blockchain products.
3. Talent – Cisco Systems: Jim Walsh, who led Cisco’s Global Sales Segments and Industries (GSSI) team and initiatives, shifts to the newly formed position of SVP, Growth Marketing, the company confirmed.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.