5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 28 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 28, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise IT Nation – Complete Daily Coverage: It’s all right here.
2. M&A – IT Consulting: Ettain Group, backed by private equity firm Alvarez & Marsal Capital, has acquired Global Employment Solutions (GES) and Leidos Health, an IT consulting business focused on electronic health records (EHR).
3. M&A – Vertical Market IT Consulting: Capco has acquired ATOM Solutions. The deal creates a technology consulting firm with expertise across financial services, energy and commodities trading.
4. Funding and Talent: 120WaterAudit, a cloud-based water software platform, has raised $7 million in Series A funding led by HG Ventures. Moreover, the startup has hired IT services provider veteran Abby Warner as VP of client success. Within the technology market, Warner is best known for as one of the key executives who built The Brookfield Group, a full-service technology firm.
5. Funding – Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR): EnsureDR has raised $2.5 million in Series A funding led by Awz Ventures, a Canadian venture fund. EnsureDR identifies and fixes Disaster Recovery Plan problems prior to a disaster by automatically operating and testing the secondary sites on a weekly basis, the startup says.
6. AWS Cloud – Free Migrations: Logicata has introduced free AWS cloud migration services. Naturally, Logicata wants to wrap long-term managed services contracts around those free migrations.
7. Salesforce Economic Impact: Here are the data points…
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Office Equipment Dealer Partnership: Office1 of Las Vegas has partnered with Chaparral Business Machines Inc of Central California to drive cross-company revenue opportunities.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Vision 2019: The 20 Conference for MSPs (October 27-29, Dallas, Texas)
- NetApp Insight 2019 (October 28-30, Las Vegas)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 (October 30-November 1, Orlando, Florida)
- Kaseya Connect IT Europe 2019 (November 4-7, Amsterdam)
- Cisco Partner Summit (November 5-7, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].