5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 26 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 26, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. VMworld News: All of our live coverage is here.
2. M&A – Cisco Systems: The networking giant is acquiring CloudCherry for its call center strategy. CloudCherry specializes in predictive analytics that help contact center agents with such tasks as cross-selling, discounts, service modifications and more.
3. Ingram Micro Investor?: A private equity firm may invest $4 billion in the distributor, reducing parent HNA Group’s stake in Ingram Micro, according to reports.
4. MSP Acquired – Asia Part One: HGC Global Communications (HGC) has acquired Hong Kong-based Macroview Telecom, a managed IT services provider and cybersecurity consulting firm that employs more than 700 digital and cyber professionals, Channel Aisa reports.
5. MSP Acquired – Asia Part Two: Hong Kong Broadband Network (HKBN) has acquired a local systems integrator and cybersecurity specialist for $50 million. The deal includes Jardine OneSolution (JOS) and its subsidiaries, Adura Hong Kong and Adura Cyber Security, Capacity Media reports.
6. MSP Acquired – Canada: Coreio Inc. has acquired intelliNet Technologies, an MSP that supports customers across Canada and the United States.
7. MSP Expansion: TriCore Logic plans to expand its office space and staff, investing more than $200,000 in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana.
8. MSP – SOC Services: CoNetrix Technology, an MSP in Lubbock, Texas, has launched a Cybersecurity Monitoring and Compliance solution. The solution has security information and event management (SIEM) and security operations center (SOC) capabilities for en-customers. SIEM-as-a Service and SOC-as-a Service options are available for organizations that need a fully hosted solution with monitoring and management, CoNetrix asserts. The MSP did not disclose its chosen SIEM and SOC software platforms.
9. IPO – Cloud Monitoring: 10 things to know about the potential Datadog IPO and associated implications for channel partners focused on cloud, infrastructure and application monitoring.
10. IPO – Identity and Access Management: Details about the Ping Identity IPO plan are here.
11. Oracle NetSuite Lawsuit?: As you may recall, some shareholders expressed concerns when Oracle acquired NetSuite for $9.3 billion for in 2016. Critics raised questions about potential conflicts of interest involving Oracle Chairman Larry Ellison — who also was a major NetSuite investor ahead of the M&A deal. Fast forward to present day, and here’s an update about a lawsuit against the M&A deal…
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Partner Summit – 3D Printing: Markforged has confirmed its Global Partner Summit 2020 for January in Georgia.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.