5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 24 September 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 24, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Symantec Completes Audit Investigation: In a potential boost for shareholders, Symantec’s Audit Committee has concluded its internal investigation and found no major wrongdoings within the company. Symantec revealed the committee’s conclusions this morning.
11. SolarWinds IPO Plan: An emerging SolarWinds IPO plan could raise $500 million, according to an SEC filing.
10. Dell IPO Plan?: A Dell Technologies IPO plan could be in the making — and the revised strategy may no longer include acquiring a tracking stock and a big dividend payout.
9. Talent – Lenovo Europe: The hardware giant has hired Jane Ashworth as director of channel and SMB . Ashworth is responsible for commercial product and services sales in the channel, with a specific emphasis on SMB engagements in the UK.
8. Corporate Culture Shortcomings: Only 31 percent of HR leaders believe their organizations have the necessary culture to drive performance, according to a Gartner survey.
7. Field Service Management: GE Digital is beta testing Predix ServiceMax Field Service Management (FSM) version 18.3. The release, slated for general availability in Q1 2019, offers grants field technicians greater autonomy and empowers dispatchers with scheduling recommendations, GE Digital says.
6. HPE Cloud Consulting Team: HP Enterprise in Europe is merging acquired talent from Cloud Technology Partners (CT) and RedPixie, The Register reports. The resulting cloud consulting team will join HPE’s Pointnext Hybrid Cloud brand in Europe. The team will have at least 150 engineers in Europe to deliver cloud migration services. ChannelE2E has warned readers that the CTP and RedPixie acquisitions could trigger channel conflict for HPE partners, but the hardware giant has dismissed such claims.
5. Microsoft Azure Cloud Stack Migration: Calligo, a data optimization specialist, has leverage Corent Technology to migrate its first customer to Azure Stack. The project involved migrating a legacy customer environment hosted in Bermuda to a new Azure Stack service deployed in Toronto, Canada, the companies say.
4. Azure Expert MSP: Infosys is the latest IT consulting firm to earn Microsoft’s new Azure Expert MSP designation. Infosys plans to establish a global Azure Migration Factory to deliver application assessment, migration and transformation programs at scale for enterprise clients.
3. Big Conferences: Microsoft Ignite (Orlando) and Salesforce Dreamforce (San Francisco) are scheduled for this week. ChannelE2E will be tracking both conferences closely — especially with an eye toward Salesforce partners that are pursuing and/or navigating M&A opportunities.
2. MSP Conference: Continuum Navigate, the company’s conference for MSP partners, is this week in Boston. It’s safe to expect the company to update its strategy across RMM (remote monitoring and management), BDR (backup and disaster recovery), NOC (network operations center) and help desk services. Related – Managed Security: But most of all, watch for CEO Michael George to offer a detailed update on Continuum’s managed security services for MSPs. Webroot CEO Mike Potts will also surface at the conference. Webroot and Continuum have partnered closely on MSP security strategies for several years.
1. Top 100 Cloud MSPs: We’ll unveil the list — highlighting MSPs across AWS, Azure… and perhaps even Google Cloud Platform — during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Join us.