5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 23 July 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 23, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. IBM Layoffs: This time the technology giant is cutting about 200 Power employees in the Singapore area, reports suggest. IBM has regularly cut employees without making a formal, public statement about the headcount changes. The company recently reported stronger-than-expected profits amid strong demand for mainframe, security and cloud services.
9. IT Pro Appreciation Week: CompTIA has launched an IT Pro Appreciation Week (July 23-27). The move comes one week before CompTIA ChannelCon 2018 — a conference that historically focused on channel partners. Early buzz suggests the event will evolve for a broader IT professional audience though the association continues to embrace channel partners…
8. 5G Wireless Network Rollouts: AT&T will launch 5 G wireless networks in Oklahoma City, Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina by the end of 2018. Atlanta, Dallas and Waco, Texas will also receive the next-gen networks by the end of this year, AT&T has previously indicated.
7. Multi-Cloud Monitoring: Blue Medora has extended its monitoring integration as a service to support Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud – for BindPlane.
5. M&A – Global Systems Integrator: Convergint Technologies has acquired Integrators Australia, a systems integrator based in Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
4. M&A – IT Services: IntegraONE has acquired Lightspeed Technologies of Kingston, Pennsylvania. This is IntegraONE’s fourth MSP-oriented acquisition in the Pennsylvania area. We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – Global IT Services: A massive M&A deal involving Atos & Syntel surfaced yesterday.
2. M&A – National MSP: NexusTek and Cal Net Technology Group are merging, ChannelE2E learned on Friday.
1. Google Cloud Conference: Track this week’s Google Cloud Next 2018 conference news here… Also, Google parent Alphabet will report quarterly financial results later today.