5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 23 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 23, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
13. SD-WANs: Aerohive Networks SD-WAN solutions have gained granular user and application policy enforcement, and new WAN and VPN link-performance analytics for greater insight into the overall operations of distributed networks, the company says.
12. Lenovo Stock Concerns: Lenovo Group is increasingly at risk of being dropped from Hong Kong’s benchmark equity index as its shares tumble more than any other technology company in the world, Bloomberg says.
11. Consulting: Titan Strategic Partners has launched to help SMB entrepreneurs “live the American Dream.” Titan offers a range of services from profitability review to sales engine and scalable organizational structure creation, the company says. Other services include culture consulting, process optimization, employee utilization, and lead generation.
10. Funding Specialists: LaunchByte has introduced a Co-Invest program to de-risk investments from Venture Capitalists (VCs) and Angel Investors while minimizing investments made by entrepreneurs. Part startup incubator and part micro-fund, Boston-based LaunchByte and its team of seasoned founders steer companies from startup to true scale.
9. Expansion: CloudHealth Technologies, the Boston-based cloud management and cost optimization provider, is planning ‘significant investments‘ in Europe…
8. Apple MacOS and iOS Management: Addigy has extended its remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform to support mobile device management. Originally designed for MacOS, the Addigy offering now supports iOS devices as well.
7. Talent – MSPs: nDataStor, and IT services provider in California, has hired Tom Wagenhauser as president to run the MSP’s day-to-day operations. Peter Prieto remains CEO.
6. Talent – Partner Programs: eFolder and SonicWall veteran Ted Hulsy has joined Dropbox as partner marketing lead. Hulsy has extensive experience building MSP- and recurring revenue-centric partner programs. He’s also firmly established within the HTG Peer Groups organization, which ConnectWise recently acquired. Dropbox, meanwhile, recently launched an IPO and is seeking to further accelerating its partner engagements.
5. Managed Print Services: The market for managed print services (MPS) will reach $50.6 billion by 2023, representing an 8.48 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to HNY Research. Among the challenges: Big printer vendors often evangelize direct MPS sales to enterprise customers, and sometimes fail to mention partner programs for MSPs, ChannelE2E has noted.
4. IT Service Desk Software: Atlassian last week reported fiscal Q3 revenue and profit that that topped expectations, but offered profit forecast of slightly below consensus, sending its stock sharply lower at the time.
3. Family Entrepreneurship: Babson College has launched the Institute for Family Entrepreneurship as a standalone hub of teaching, research, and innovative programs dedicated to advancing entrepreneurial families around the world.