5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 21 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 21, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Passing – Marc Hurd: For those who didn’t know former Oracle Co-CEO Marc Hurd, his life and career are recapped here. Hurd died last week after taking a medical-related leave of absence from Oracle in September.
2. MSP Valuation Tool: Want to get a better feel for how much your MSP might be worth? Evergreen Services Group has launched an MSP Valuations tool. Answer 16 questions, and Evergreen will reply back with a confidential valuation estimate within 48 hours, the MSP-focused investment firm says.
3. M&A – AWS Partners: Larsen & Toubro Infotech is acquiring cloud consulting firm Powerupcloud Technologies. Powerupcloud has more than 180 employees focused on artificial intelligence and data analytics for Amazon Web Services.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. AWS Managed Services: Red River has been accepted into the Amazon Web Services (AWS) MSP Partner Program. Red River, which recently acquired CWPS, is an IT consulting firm and MSP that has deep government expertise.
3. SAP and Microsoft Azure: As part of an expanded partnership, SAP will lead with Microsoft Azure to move on-premise SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA customers to the cloud through industry-specific best practices, reference architectures and cloud-delivered services.
5. Ingram Micro Exits South Africa: Ingram Micro confirmed that it will close its South African office, citing the “relatively small size of the operation” and “limited” product lines for having influenced the decision, TechCentral reports.
6. Voice Capture Technology: Teltech is now a Red Box Recorders reseller in North American. Tel-tech Group will promote such use cases as speech-to-text transcription, as well as artificial intelligence and analytics for structured and unstructured voice data sets.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- DattoCon 2019 Paris (October 21-23, France)
- Splunk .conf19 (October 21-24, Las Vegas)
- Vision 2019: The 20 Conference for MSPs (October 27-29, Dallas, Texas)
- NetApp Insight 2019 (October 28-30, Las Vegas)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 (October 30-November 1, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].