5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 20 November 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 20, 2017.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
13. Blockchain on Wall Street: The prospect of blockchain technology remaking financial services just moved a step closer to reality after banks including Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and JPMorgan Chase & Co. completed a successful six-month test in the $2.8 trillion equity swaps market, Bloomberg reports.
12. M&A – Chips: Marvell Technology Group is nearing a deal to buy chip maker Cavium Inc. for about $6 billion, an acquisition that would create a bigger and more well-rounded competitor to industry giants like Intel Corp. and Broadcom Ltd, The Wall Street Journal reports.
11. Oracle Cloud Services: Oracle has announced the general availability of a range of new Oracle Cloud Infrastructure compute options. The cloud offerings leverage X7 hardware, newly enhanced virtual machine (VM) and bare metal compute, and new bare metal graphical processing unit (GPU) instances. The offerings are positioned for big data and other intensive applications.
9. AWS Managed Services: Connectria, a global cloud service provider, has successfully completed the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partner Program Audit for the third year in a row.
8. GDPR Compliance: Microsoft is previewing a GDPR compliance dashboard… Most surveys suggest customers and their IT service providers are not properly prepared for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) deadline — which is May 25, 2018.
7. M&A – Accounting Software: MYOB apparently is acquiring three Reckon product lines – Reckon APS, Reckon Elite and Reckon Docs, according to The Australian Financial Review. Accounting groups use these produces to run their practices, the report says.
6. IT Service Management: Monolith Software, which develops IT service management platforms, has rebranded as Federos LLC. The move integrates assets from its previously announced purchase of TDB Fusion Group. Federos provides integrated end-to-end service assurance, business process workflow and visualization of service desk, inventory, provisioning, and billing systems.
5. Office 365 Migrations: Sonasoft has launched a SonaMigration service for Office 365 — a professional business service developed to safely migrate corporate client email data into Microsoft Office 365 with zero downtime. Similarly: Binary Tree continues to enhance Power365, which helps organizations migrate workloads across tenants of Office 365.
4. Managed Workplace’s Evolution: Avast continues to enhance Managed Workplace, the RMM platform first developed by Level Platforms. Avast acquired Managed Workplace as part of last year’s AVG purchase. Fast forward to present day, and the brand is now called Avast Business Managed Workplace. Eager adopters apparently include Integrated Enterprise Solutions, an MSP in New York. The company leverages the RMM platform and its integration with CloudCare — a free, cloud-based endpoint security administration platform.
3. MSP Platforms: Uplevel Systems, provider of an SMB management appliance for MSPs, has launched Secure SMB Suite. First, a little background: Uplevel’s SMB appliance, which supports up to 25 employees, already integrates networking, VPN, WiFi, storage, security and remote management capabilities. Now, the expanded Secure SMB suite includes enhanced firewall and intrusion prevention system (IPS) capabilities, protection against ransomware and real-time threat intelligence to secure every facet of managed IT services, the company says.
1. Next Trips: ChannelE2E will attend both Ingram Micro ONE and Amazon AWS re:Invent later this month in Dallas and Las Vegas, respectively. If you’d like to potentially meet at either event please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).