5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 20 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 20, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. How to Make Money From Managed Security Services: We’ll cover that and more during our ChannelE2E webcast this Thursday. Register now to join us.
2. M&A – Vertical Market MSP: EG Group has acquired GB3, an IT reseller and MSP that supports Petro fuel stations in the United Kingdom.
3. M&A – Multi-Cloud Cost Management Tools: Apptio has acquired Cloudability, a Portland, Oregon company that makes software to manage public cloud spending across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
5. Private Equity and Student Debt: Vista Equity Partners CEO Robert Smith vowed to pay Morehouse College‘s Class of 2019 student debt during a commencement speech over the weekend. Vista owns Datto, LogicMonitor, Ping and dozens of additional software companies.
7. Huawei Under Pressure: Numerous chipmakers are halting shipments to Huawei Technologies amid new U.S. federal government pressure against the China-based technology company.
8. Network Performance Monitoring: Catchpoint, a digital experience monitoring (DEM) spceialist, has introduced Internet Intelligence. The new monitoring capability provides organizations with “deeper visibility into the health and pathways of the external and internal networks upon which their applications or digital services depend,” Catchpoint asserts.
C. Partner Program Updates
Send me your partner program updates (Joe@AfterNines.com) for potential mention in ChannelE2E’s daily update.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- ZertoCon 2019 (May 20-22)
- Citrix Synergy 2019 (May 21-23)
- VeeamOn 2019 (May 21-23)
- Connections 2019 – Connected Home Conference (May 21-23)
- How to Make Money in Managed Security (Webcast – May 23)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.