5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 18 December 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, December 18, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Talent: Synnex North America Technology Solutions President Peter Larocque has earned the Order of the Palmetto Award — which is South Carolina’s highest civilian honor. The honor recognizes Larocque and a company fundraising initiative called Synnex Share the Magic.
11. HIPAA Lawsuit: The State of Kansas is suing a nursing home that’s been closed for almost a year, alleging that the owner did not properly safeguard resident information after the facility closed.
10. Bitcoin Futures: TD Ameritrade will let its brokerage clients trade bitcoin futures starting on today, a week after they debuted. Only clients with $25,000 in their accounts will gain access to opportunity.
9. Salesforce Partner: BearingPoint has earned platinum status as a Salesforce Consulting Partner.
8. PSA Software Growth: Kimble ranks among the 500 fastest-growing technology companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), according to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA list 2017. Separately, we’ve already reported that the Professional Services Automation (PSA) software company ranks among the 100 fastest-growing private technology businesses in Britain.
7. M&A – PSA and RMM Software: Naverisk Software Founder Jon Kalaugher has reacquired the RMM & PSA software provider from ECi Software Solutions, he confirmed to ChannelE2E.
6. M&A – Technology: Here are the Top 10 Technology Acquisitions so far for 2017, according to CXO Today…
5. M&A – Vertical Market Software: Oracle is buying Aconex for $1.6 billion — bolstering the technology giant’s focus on cloud-based software for construction projects.
4. M&A – Digital Agencies: Accenture has acquired Rothco, an Irish creative agency, for an undisclosed some. Accenture gains 150 create, strategy, tech and design specialists. Rothco has clientel across the UK and Ireland.
3. M&A – IT Services: RMS Associates, an MSP in Atlanta, has acquired Global IT Department LLC of Gainesville, Georgia, according to the RMS home page. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. Funding – MSPs: Abry Partners, a private equity firm, continues to invest in various MSPs and CSPs. The latest deal involves Nexustek, a Microsoft gold partner focused on managed IT services and cybersecurity. Abry acquired Breakthrough Technology Group earlier this month, and Abry also owns a stake in Rackspace.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Complete this survey and your company could be ranked among the Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.