5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 16 October 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 16, 2017.
Actually, there are five timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
5. M&A: Technology Install Partners, which provides building security and safety systems, has acquired Security Designs Inc., which provides building access control and security systems. The combined company will have 26 employees across Ohio and Michigan, according to Crain’s Business.
4. 3D Printer Competition: Shares of the two biggest pure-play 3D printing companies, 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) and Stratasys (NASDAQ:SSYS), plummeted 8.8% and 7.4%, respectively, on Friday, Motley Fool noted. The culprit: HP Inc. is bolstering its own 3D printer plans for 2018, the report said.
3. Acquired: Vista Equity Partners, parent of Autotask, has acquired Jamf, one of the largest providers of Apple MacOS and iOS remote management software… The company has more than 8 million Apple customer nodes under management… It’s potentially a big deal for MSPs…
2. SMB Lending: Google and Amazon may be gearing up to disrupt the small business lending market, according to a former advisor to President Obama. Hmmm…
1. SMB Acquisitions: This could be the biggest year ever for SMB acquisitions, according to BizBuySell. We’ll share more thoughts soon.