5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 14 August 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 14, 2017.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
9. Outsourcing Backlash?: As CIOs continue to embrace the “as a service” model for infrastructure, they’re also becoming less satisfied with their outsourcing experience, according to IT World Canada’s fifth annual Canadian CIO Census, sponsored by CA Technologies…
8. Microsoft Intune and Office 365 Management: Microsoft continues to upgrade its Intune management platform to ease Office 365 deployments…
7. IT Service Management: Cherwell Software, a provider of service management solutions, has upgraded its Cherwell Service Management platform. It offers enhanced multilingual support, along with UI/UX and back-end enhancements to the Cherwell Self-Service Portal and Service Catalog.
6. IT Growth: SHI International Corp., generated $3.7 billion in 1H 2017 revenues, up 12 percent year over year. SHI’s Corporate and SMB division led domestic growth with a 20 percent increase in revenue while Strategic and Commercial Enterprise saw a 7.5 percent increase. Internationally, SHI’s U.K. division led growth with a 50 percent year-over-year increase. SHI says the 1H 2017 revenue figures are a record for the company.
5. Big MSP Contract Renewal: Optus Business has announced extending its managed services contract with the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources over the next three years for AU$13.6 million with an emphasis on digital transformation, ZDnet reported.
4. Managed Print Services Momentum: FlexPrint Managed Print Solutions now offers national managed print services and technology to 25 of the 2017 Am Law 200 firms, the MPS provider says. The recently released Am Law 200 list, published annually by ALM Media Properties, ranks the top U.S. law firms according to gross revenue. We’ll share more details soon.
3. After the Exit – Ultimate Road Trip: Capital Business acquired Innovative Systems Inc. (ISI) back in March, but the deal was kept quiet to ensure ISI’s leadership had a chance to meet with clients and answer their questions about the business combination. The sellers, Robert S. Lindley & Deborah Lindley, started ISI 23 years ago as a computer programming company. Over time, it evolved into an MSP. Robert remains with the company as GM through the end of the year. Looking ahead to 2018, Robert & Lindley are planning a “gap” year — which will include traveling across the United States in a Class A Tiffin motorhome. He will also continue to facilitate quarterly HTG Peer Group meetings. Note: The info ChannelE2E has shared above comes from Robert’s Facebook timeline. ChannelE2E wishes Robert, Deborah and the ISI team all the best.
2. M&A: Improving Holdings, a full-service technology consulting and training firm, has acquired ProSource Solutions, a management and IT consulting firm headquartered in Richfield, Ohio. The transaction is expected to increase Improving’s annualized revenue by more than $10 million in 2018 and will expand the company’s geographic reach within the Midwestern and Southeastern regions of the United States, the companies said. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Join Us Thursday: Want to improve your email marketing list? Then register now and join us this Thursday for a live, 30-minute webcast. The topic: “How to Build an Email List That Converts.” Pose your marketing and email list building questions to ChannelE2E’s two guest experts: Kendra Lee and & Shawn Finder.