5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 11 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 11, 2019.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
10. M&A – Data Center Chips: Nvidia outbid Intel to acquire Mellanox and data center chip technology for $6.9 billion.
9. Cloud Migration Costs: Pepperdata has unveiled a free big data cloud migration cost assessment service. The metrics-based assessment enables customers to make informed decisions before moving workloads to AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or IBM Cloud.
8. ConvergeOne Loans: Banks sold $1.2 billion of loans for the buyout of ConvergeOne without suffering losses on the transaction after they were stuck with the debt for longer than expected, according to Bloomberg.
7. DRaaS: Flexential has expanded its geographic footprint. The company’ DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service) now supports customers within a 700-mile radius of most major metropolitan areas in the U.S.
6. Research – IT Services Market Forecast: Revenues for the U.S. IT services industry are forecast to grow 4.7% annually in nominal terms through 2023, according to Freedonia Focus Reports.
- Centralized access management for users
- One password end-user access to multiple apps
- Multi-factor authentication capability
- Policy-based access by user, location, application
- Accelerated employee onboarding/offboarding
- Reduced IT helpdesk requests
We’re checking to see if CareWorx is leveraging a third-party tool for the single sign-on capabilities.
4. Microsoft Azure ISVs: Keep an eye on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace and associated Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) updates. True believers include Nimble CRM, which has participated in the Partner Center’s pilot program since 2017.
2. Partnership – Salesforce: Computer Futures, the specialist tech recruitment arm of UK-headquartered SThree, is now a registered consulting partner of Salesforce in the US, UK, Benelux, DACH and Japan regions. Computer Futures provides temporary and full-time staffing solutions across the Salesforce ecosystem.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.