5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 11 February 2019
Here are eight technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, February 11, 2019.
Actually, there are five timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
8. ConnectWise Automate Patch: MSPs need to apply this RMM software patch by March 9.
7. Artificial Intelligence – United States: U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday will sign an executive order asking federal government agencies to dedicate more resources and investment into research, promotion and training on artificial intelligence (AI), Reuters reports.
6. Commvault Question Marks: Commvault’s software license revenue targets for fiscal year 2020 may be too aggressive, especially amid rising competition from Veeam, Rubrik and Cohesity, research firm Piper Jaffray asserts. This particular warning comes just as Commvault named Sanjay Mirchandani as president and CEO, succeeding Bob Hammer.
5. Chat Bots vs. Service Desk Jobs: Some clues about how chatbot automation may eliminate service desk jobs…
4. Amazon Echo and HIPAA: Rumor has it that Amazon may soon announce a HIPAA-compliant ECHO device.
3. SolarWinds MSP Momentum: SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson shared all the details here… including thoughts on private equity, and clues about forthcoming private cloud and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions for MSPs.
2. Cisco Financial Results: The networking giant’s latest quarterly financial results will surface this week. It’s a safe bet CEO Chuck Robbins will discuss the company’s continued march toward recurring revenues and software.
1. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.