5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 10 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 10, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSSP, Cyber Assets Involved?: The massive United Technologies-Raytheon merger has big implications for the MSSP & cybersecurity consulting markets — particularly across the federal government, MSSP Alert believes.
2. Exit Strategies: How can small business owners maximize the value of their business for an upcoming exit and retirement? Palisades Hudson Financial Group offers this guidance.
3. AI and Small Business: Only 21% of small businesses are using AI or plan to use it within the next two years, compared with 65% of firms with 5,000 workers or more, according to a Spiceworks survey. As ChannelE2E has pointed out, many MSPs are late to the AI conversation. But wait: The survey findings and our own perceptions could be a big misleading. Many small businesses use AI without realizing it. A key example involves next-generation security platforms that MSPs often extend to small businesses. Many of those platforms have AI capabilities that benefit small businesses.
4. AI Conference – Key Learnings: Here’s a recap of last week’s Amazon re:Mars 2019 conference, which focused on machine learning. artificial intelligence, robotics and space. Also, here’s a separate re:Mars 2019 recap from The Seattle Times.
5. IBM Layoffs: The technology company cut about 1,700 positions — and seems to be working hard to put the layoffs in context.
C. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cisco Systems: Here are five things to know about new Cisco Americas Channel Chief John Moses.
2. IIoT: ioTium, which develops software-defined converged infrastructure for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), has announced a partner ecosystem. Early participants include ThoughtWire, COHESION and SkyFoundry.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13, San Diego, California)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13, Boston, Massachusetts)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19, San Diego, California)
- HP Enterprise Discover (June 18-20, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.