5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 07 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 7, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – MSP Stockholder Meeting: Presidio will hold a special stockholder meeting on November 6 to vote on BC Partners’ pending buyout of the midmarket IT solutions provider and MSP. Shareholders are expected to approve the deal.
2. M&A — MSP and Accounting Firm: BPM LLP, one of the 50 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States, has merged with Infinitech Inc., an IT solutions provider and MSP in San Francisco.
3. IT Services Franchise – Momentum: TeamLogic IT‘s franchise network is nearing 200 locations; comparable sales through August 2019 are up 23 percent compared to the same period in 2018; and network-wide growth is up 27 percent, according to President and COO Dan Shapero. He shared the company milestones during a recent TeamLogic IT owners summit in California.
4. Venture Capital – SoftBank Eats Humble Pie: SoftBank Group founder and CEO Masayoshi Son is “embarrassed and flustered” by his track record, he told Nikkei Business magazine, as the Japanese company comes under pressure from some investors for its bets on loss-making businesses, Reuters reports.
5. Healthcare IT Solutions: HP Inc. plans to launch its latest HP Healthcare Edition Print Products and Solutions in Spring 2020 to customers in the United States and Canada.
6. Talent: Mitel has hired Polycom veteran Mary T. McDowell as president and chief executive officer.
C. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Access management: NS1, a provider of DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management for application traffic management, unveiled a global channel program and and a U.S. value-added distribution agreement with Ingram Micro’s Promark.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- 4u2grow Marketopia Conference (October 9-11, Clearwater Beach, Florida)
- Acronis Cyber Summit 2019 (October 13-16, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Workday Rising 2019 (October 14-17, Orlando, Florida)
- Commvault Go 2019 (October 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- Continuum Navigate 2019 (October 15-16, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.