5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 07 November 2017
Good afternoon, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Monday, November 6, 2017.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. IBM Talent: Longtime IBM marketing and communications executive Jon Iwata is set to retire from the technology giant next month. He will be succeeded by former Ford Motor Company veteran Ray Day, effective December 11, according to PR week.
7. OpenStack Adoption: Deployments of OpenStack — the open source cloud platform — are accelerating, according to multiple market surveys. Meanwhile, Red Hat has bolstered its own OpenStack distribution to support various container technologies.
6. Windows 10 No Longer Free: The pricing model going forward is described here.
5. Chip M&A: Broadcom is considering a bid of more than $100 billion for Qualcomm, according to Bloomberg, in what would be the biggest-ever takeover of a chipmaker.
4. Compliance: Nexcess, a provider of colocation hosting, has successfully completed a SOC 2 Type 1 examination of its Southfield data center. The independent examination focused on availability and security controls for colocation, the company said. The service auditor for the most recent examination was 360Advanced.
3. Net Neutrality: The debate over network neutrality is complicated, according to a recent op-ed piece by Datto CEO Austin McChord. “But, if you want to understand why it matters, imagine Ford buying the I-90 and creating lanes restricted to drivers of a Focus or a Fusion. While you’re stuck in traffic with your Toyota, these fortunate few will zoom right by…”
2. Kaseya-ConnectWise Integration: Kaseya has developed a new integration between the company’s Kaseya VSA remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform and ConnectWise Manage, the popular PSA (professional services automation) and business management offering for technology companies and MSPs. The new integration surfaces just ahead of IT Nation 2017 — a major ConnectWise conference that starts November 8 in Orlando, Florida. Although Kaseya and ConnectWise have some, um, competitive friction, partners are counting on the two companies to maintain close product integrations for the good of the industry.
1. ConnectWise IT Nation 2017 News Analysis: It’s all right here.