5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 07 January 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, January 7, 2019.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
Take a look:
12. China Exiting Silicon Valley: New Trump administration policies aimed at curbing China’s access to American innovation have all but halted Chinese investment in U.S. technology startups, as both investors and startup founders abandon deals amid scrutiny from Washington, Reuters asserts.
11. Huawei vs. Intel Server Chips: Is a showdown coming?
10. Arrests – Alleged Intellectual Property Theft: Taiwan arrested six current and former BASF SE engineers accused of accepting bribes and sharing the German company’s technology with Jiangyin Jianghua Microelectronics Materials Co., in one of the more elaborate cases involving alleged Chinese intellectual property theft, Bloomberg reports.
9. Artificial Intelligence at CES Conference: IBM, Google, Samsung and others will promote AI technologies at this week’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. But as The Wall Street Journal points out, virtual assistant technologies like Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant are hitting a wall — requiring extensive programming to deliver the next level of AI capabilities…
8. Talent – Data Protection: Darron Makrokanis, formerly vice president of federal sales and field operations at Druva, has joined Mesosphere as VP of the cloud technology firm’s public sector business, ExecutiveBiz reports.
7. Talent – Software: Transportation management systems provider MercuryGate International has hired former Oracle executive Beth Hendriks as CTO.
6. What Comes After ServiceNow?: Some ServiceNow’s earliest employees have launched Dreamtsoft, a stealth tech startup that may allow MSPs to quickly build their own applications… We’ll share more details soon.
5. Potential Ingram Buyer – Super Busy?: Apollo Global Management, the private equity firm that’s allegedly negotiating to buy Ingram Micro, also is looking to buy GE’s aircraft leasing unit. The Apollo-Ingram deal rumors were running hot in late December, but chatter about the alleged negotiations has quieted down in recent days.
4. M&A – Gadget Repairs: Servify, a Mumbai-based startup providing personalized after-sales service and management for smartphones, is acquiring iService, a Bangalore-based gadgets repair startup, Inventiva reports.
3. M&A – MSP Merger: PowerNet IT Solutions and Evolve IT have merged businesses, creating a managed services provider (MSP) with more than 90 employees across Australia and New Zealand, ARN reports. But companies are ConnectWise IT Nation Evolve peer group members.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Participate in our survey here and your company could be honored among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.
1. How Much Is Your Business Worth?: Find out during our next ChannelE2E webcast…