5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 06 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 6, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
7. Google Cloud in China: Google may partner with Tencent to build various cloud services in China.
5. Cloud Storage and Compliance: A panel working on the Indian government’s cloud computing policy wants data generated in India to be stored within the country — a proposal that could deal a blow to global technology giants such as AWS and Azure, a report suggests.
4. MSPs and GDPR: Carbonite is leaning on European MSPs to help customers achieve GDPR compliance, according to CEO Mohamad Ali. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
3. Data Center Exit & And Entry: Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT has sold the Andover Data Center — which apparently was the last data center in the investment firm’s portfolio… However, a second Carter Validus fund recently acquired a data center in San Jose…
2. Private Equity Funding – Cloud Provisioning: NorthEdge Capital has made a private equity investment in Europe’s iPortalis. NorthEdge gains a minority stake in a cloud provisioning software platform provider — which works closely with Cisco, Microsoft, Symantec and others, Sky reports. Details are expected to surface this week.
1. Black Hat Security Conference: Our sister site, MSSP Alert, is blogging live all week from the conference. Keep checking that link for multiple daily updates.